HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Jaws VP (RomPin, HorsePin 2018)

Jaws VP (RomPin, HorsePin 2018)

Python 2.7 P-ROC installation. See elsewhere for proc installs.

Requires latest VP 10.5 with the added flipper EOSTorque settings.

Game mapping (vp_game_map.yaml) for visual pinball is in the README, inside the game folder.

Note: This and ED uses the requests module (for high scores), which isn't installed default. Install through pip on the command line.

pip install requests

Hey, thanks for posting this table. 

FYI --> When I play 2 player, it doesn't alert me when I have added the 2nd player as well as when it's player 2's turn, it'll show as if its player one (but scores are correct).

geez, I don't understand why I have problems with these.   so my CCC and EvilDead work fine.  Downloaded this one and I get this error:

game instantiation error(ImportError: No module named requests)

This is the same whether I run the table from VP or just try to open the game.pyc to see if the game will run at all.   Any ideas on what I might be missing?

thanks
-Mike

When trying to play Jaws (game.pyc), I got an error. ED1.01, KR, and CCC are playing without any problems.

Can't figure it out what I missed in the set up  (:RTFM: )

5ae33d75da1ad_jawserror.png.ac22a06427eb919b21877dbb1546c75e.png

EDIT: While entering my post Sliderpoint entered a post with the same problem.  So kind of double now...

Edited by marrayke

I did have an older one, probably still have that, but I don't have a cabinet or a 2 screen setup so I'll be honest, I CBA with that. It is all wired and ready for B2S, you should just have to enable it from the service when you have one.

I installed the game only, and it asks for the b2s server. Where do I find this? Also do I need all the other files in the zip if I play on a desktop?

Yes, you need all the files. If you haven't enabled the DirectB2S in the service... then that is a bit annoying that you would have to install the server, but I do have that installed, so wouldn't have noticed that.

Read the first line. " Python 2.7 P-ROC installation. See elsewhere for proc installs. "

It just needs a P-ROC installation, then you will see you have a P-ROC folder.

For the record I don't care how you install it, it's not part of this thread and I'm not prepared to give support for something I've written untold setups for in the past.

Hi,

First let me say it took me a while to get CCC and ED 1.1 working properly every time i use them. They are worth it.

I just copied in Jaws and the game works i updated the game map file and ran it and get 3 script errors i have seen before.

There was no backglass so i used one from Pinball FX3 OK.

Does the VPX need to be in P-roc or can it sit in Visual Pinball/Tables?

Thanks,

Webster

I have CCC, Evil Dead and jaws running
All I did for jaws is put jaws game folder in the P-roc games folder and 
put the jaws game and POV in the tables folder
 and I was up and running
All the P-roc games (vpx) go in visual pinball/tables folder

1 hour ago, outhere said:

I have CCC, Evil Dead and jaws running
All I did for jaws is put jaws game folder in the P-roc games folder and 
put the jaws game and POV in the tables folder
 and I was up and running

All the P-roc games (vpx) go in visual pinball/tables folder

Thats all I did except i added the lines to the game mapping yaml, Game-DMD runs OK but errors when running vpx [10.5 newest version]

where does the backglass come from?

If you have the game running outside VP and when you come to running it through VP you have issues then check the C:\P-ROC\Shared\log.txt and post the last error you have (don't need to see the whole thing).

I suppose the first part is the most tricky, but if you have the others running, all it takes is to put those files in the correct places and add a game map entry.

Why do you add lines to the game mapping?

When VP loads the controller... it basically says "I have this romname (Jaws), can you get me the entry point Class name and paths to where the game is?"

I had some friends round and we had a 3 player game yesterday. Some weird stuff going on, pumping balls out from the Trough, which I'd never seen before.

Without looking yet, I think it's something to do with ball save / shooter lane / multiplayer. It kind of sorted itself out, but shouldn't be doing that.

Usually we would play a hot seat  but this time added all the players.