Pin2DMD no longer orange since firmware update ?

Hi !

I wanted to play Terminator 2 and Lethal Weapon with Malenko's colorized DMD but sadly VPX crashes in both cases just after launching the table - I only get a glimpse of the T2 DMD and no DMD at all for LW.
No error message either. As all the other colorized roms work fine (TWD, Spiderman Vault Edition, ACDC, etc etc) on my pincab I thought that maybe I needed to update the PIN2DMD firmware .

After updating from 2.36 to 2.55, I realized that all my tables with basic orange DMD  (100% 66% 33% / hue 10 10 10 / sat 238 238 238 / lum 120 80 40) were now displaying in a more reddish-orange color.
I copied v 2.53 of the PIN2DMD software into my PIN2DMD folder but it didn't change anything.

Do you have any idea where that comes from / what I could do to fix this ?
Also, if by any chance you have suggestions for T2 & LW I'd be glad to hear them ! :) (they still don't work unfortunately)

Thanks a lot !

Good point, I just switched the dmddevice.dll  in the vpinmame folder to the latest version obtained from your github , but it didn't change.  
I noticed that when I do F1 in a table and look at the hues, I have 10/238/120, 10/237/80 , 10/240/40 .
When I try to switch to the classic settings (100% 66% 33% / hue 10 10 10 / sat 238 238 238 / lum 120 80 40), if I restart  with F3 the settings are gone. 

Hi,

I noticed the same issue since a few months, can't remember when exactly, maybe since Pin2DMD firmware v2.50 I guess.

I used to use the plasma-like settings you posted somewhere here on VPU Lucky1 for non colored-ROMs and I loved the result ;)

But now I've got greenish-reddish colors with or without activating Colorize ROM in VPM settings and whatever color settings I use, it looks like values are not sent to Pin2DMD.

I'm using latest SAMbuild from Carny and latest Pin2DMD firmware with latest DMDDevice.dll you posted on Github 4 days ago.

I have no issue at all with colorized ROMs, but the results I have let's say for AC/DC LE v1.70 are in the attached pictures.

Thanks ;)

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

• Content Provider

V2.48

-added color correction for better match of colors on pc screen and DMD (editor/pinmame etc)
- fix upload of single palette 

I the release notes I mentioned that since 2.48 I mentioned that I added color correct, that the screen colors and the pin2dmd colors match better.

You should get a orange look by setting RGB to normal orange values like

100 % 255,140,0 
66% 120,66,0
33% 71,39,0
0% 0,0,0

Hey Lucky1, thanks a lot for the precision and glad it also helped you ShadowSHD ! I confirm it's much better indeed :) .  What I don't understand is that the vpinmame default settings is not applied to all my tables, it looks like I will have to manually go into each table and tweak it one by one ?

Archived