• cb3 changed the title to Royal Rumble
  • 1 month later...

I moved the files and that broke the link...sorry!  I edited the post on page 3 for release version 2.0 which is the most complete to date.  I have a couple minor challenges/glitches to resolve but the colorization is working very well.  Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I figured out I forgot to change the mode once I updated the firmware, that part is working fine now. But the DMD isn't colored, just using a default pallette. All I have in the root of the folder is the .pal file and the .fsq file. I tried to go back and redownload them thinking I had something wrong, but I can't seem to find the real pin files anymore. Any chance you could re-upload them?

Ah, I did forget to put the key on! After adding it it is still not displaying the full color though. I don't have to do anything outside of adding the pin2dmd.key file right? As of right now the sd card contains in its root: pin2dmd.fsq, pin2dmd.pal, pin2dmd.key, and pin2dmd.dat.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sebtoulousain31100 said:

Hello, 

I'm searching for a Pin2dmd colorization for the Data East WWF Royal Rumble real pinball. 

Where can I find it? 

Thanks a lot

Regards

Please message me on vpuniverse for the real pin files.  Donations accepted and appreciated paypal link: 

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider
11 hours ago, Dmec12 said:

Hey all, 

Can Someone help change the default pallet so that when you go to the menu it isn't blank? 

Is this hard to do?

Will doing this fix the problem of a blank dmd whenever I go to the menu screen?

Thanks

-Dave

Hey Dave,

I've raised this with cb3 but I think he is busy at the moment as I haven't heard back. I believe a simple fix for this would be to swap the pallet of the Diagnostics and Adjustments (2 separate places) to a simple 1 colour pallet. For me and many others, having them just work in a single colour is better than not seeing it at all. This is something I believe you can't do yourself as you would need the source files to set the pallet for those sections. 

If you change the default pallet of the whole game then other things will not display correctly. For WPC etc this isn't a big deal because you can pop out the SD card and make your changes and pop it back in. With Data East they have the metal plate over the top and then the Display PCB so it takes a bit to get to it.

After reading through cb3's own great tutorials I believe this is an easy fix if we just want 1 colour but it will be up to the author of each colour file to do it for us unless they release the source.

21 hours ago, Terranigma said:

Hey Dave,

I've raised this with cb3 but I think he is busy at the moment as I haven't heard back. I believe a simple fix for this would be to swap the pallet of the Diagnostics and Adjustments (2 separate places) to a simple 1 colour pallet. For me and many others, having them just work in a single colour is better than not seeing it at all. This is something I believe you can't do yourself as you would need the source files to set the pallet for those sections. 

If you change the default pallet of the whole game then other things will not display correctly. For WPC etc this isn't a big deal because you can pop out the SD card and make your changes and pop it back in. With Data East they have the metal plate over the top and then the Display PCB so it takes a bit to get to it.

After reading through cb3's own great tutorials I believe this is an easy fix if we just want 1 colour but it will be up to the author of each colour file to do it for us unless they release the source.

Ahhh I see.  Hopefully when he gets some free time he can help with the fix. 

Thanks for your help

• 2 years later...
  • Content Provider
1 hour ago, Facchini75 said:

Hi everyone.
I saw that this project is suspended and abandoned. Did the current (April 2019) colorization files fix the menu issue? who has this pinball machine solved somehow? is the colorization files usable or not? thank you all

I believe there has been no fix and the author has no intention of updating this file in the future which is why it is considered abandoned. 

The best course of action would be to create a new colour file yourself or wait until someone else creates one.

Best leave CB3 alone as he has long moved on. 

• Content Provider
5 minutes ago, Facchini75 said:

I thank you. but the problem of the black screen when entering the menu was then solved or is it still present? do I have to extract the SD every time I intend to enter the pinball configuration menu?

Unfortunately not. This also exists in other games by this author too, you can check the main list for any issues. 

Without the source it cannot be fixed. It is a trivial 5 minute fix, but nonetheless can't be done without the main files of the project which have not been released. I have tried several times to resolve this but with no luck, sorry about that.