51 minutes ago, latin625 said:

No worries.  I got it working and love it.  Fantastic work.  Friends at VPAddicts got me sorted out. Keep up the great work.  Tip on its way!

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, latin625 said:

is there a link to the finished version.  I was only able to get the beta on this thread. Thanks!

i'm not quite finished yet, some keyframing challenges still to solve.  I need the editor updated to fix the non working masks.

Here is the link to version 2.0 of the project source files.  Everything is colored and keyframed.  There are a couple known bugs and challenges right now that are not quite solved:

• Match scene is not correctly masked 100% (New L-Mask feature in editor may be able to fix?)
  • Sleeper Pops same as Match scene, both scenes will play just some color bleeding occurs and it's not perfect....lol
  • Doink call out scene is glitchy in the game as it randomly skips keyframes so makes colors off at times.
  • Multiball Ready has some color bleeding as well (more masks are needed at this point, waiting on editor update)
  • RIP Jackpot same challenge as Multibal Ready
  • Jackpot Yokozuna and the "vs. Savage" scenes have a couple non keyframed scenes because they share them with other animations (still trying to figure this one out)

All of these scenes I listed do in fact still play they just are not at the quality level I'd like them to be...If you feel inclined to do so tips are appreciated but not mandatory.   I hope you enjoy!

Real Pins  - place .fsq & .pal files on SD Card and rename to pin2dmd, you will also need to grab lucky's "royal rumble fix" firmware version from the github page

VPins - place .vni & .pal files in the correct alt_color folder and rename to pin2dmd

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder why but this the first one that let my pin2dmd stay black when i try to use pal and ini file. i think i am on firmware 2.56? cant check it out now. no problems at all with all the other ones, so i know how to do it normally.  anyone having problems too? i really would like to use it 

53 minutes ago, skmastaz said:

So putting this on my real machine, do I just put the fsq and pal files renamed (to pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal) in the root of the SD card I have in there now? And do I need to delete the altcolor stuff that is in there now?

yes, pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq are the only files you'll need

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

I have this running on my WIP VPIN. Its freaking AMAZING. Its one thing to see the animations in the Pin2DMD Editor, quite another to see it in action.

I'll be throwing some beverage money your way when I get home today ;)

RoyalRumble.jpg

2 hours ago, malenko said:

I have this running on my WIP VPIN. Its freaking AMAZING. Its one thing to see the animations in the Pin2DMD Editor, quite another to see it in action.

I'll be throwing some beverage money your way when I get home today ;)

RoyalRumble.jpg

nice.. what table is that?  is that vpx or vp9

• Content Provider
19 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Give us some more details on what the problems looks like and maybe we're able to help. Just saying you have troubles doesn't help us much, helping you.

Thats why I have the other thread, for help with my issue as to not clog up CB3's colorization thread :)  I'll update the other one when time allows. Im not your typical end user, Im not hard pressed to fix it and I dont have a ton of free time to dedicate to it.

• 1 month later...

So I have an issue tested table without colors worked fine played .... added colors and tested in pinmame setup worked fine... loaded up table pinmame terminated ... turned off color options in pinmame etc. and now it wont load regular anymore crashes out pinmame.

has happen on a few tables so far..... but this is one of them not sure how to fix it seems for every 1 or 2 tables i get working right...... one dies lol

(edit) Just happens to be all data east tables for the most part im having trouble with ... wwf, tmnt, hook and st25th.  So isnt really the color mod being the issue if i can only run data east games once then they error out. 

Off to have fun fixing this mess.

• 1 month later...

Hi, thx for all this great work !!!

I want to try this colorization in a real pinball but I copied fsq and pal files with no results. (i know how to use it because i've got a TFTC and I try my colorization with succes on my real pinball)

I saw you wrote that we need "firmware fix from github"  but I can't find any fix on lucky's github

Any help ?

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, TeamPPAetios said:

Hi, thx for all this great work !!!

I want to try this colorization in a real pinball but I copied fsq and pal files with no results. (i know how to use it because i've got a TFTC and I try my colorization with succes on my real pinball)

I saw you wrote that we need "firmware fix from github"  but I can't find any fix on lucky's github

Any help ?

The latest version should work.