Hello,

I have been on this site for a couple months now learning and listening, I am in the process of putting a plan together for my virtual cabinet and I believe the last component is the DMD display.  I am very interested in the colorizations and have been playing with the PIN2DMD Editor for a couple weeks.  I began coloring the Royal Rumble rom as I have a real Royal Rumble pin and my hope would be to colorize the real pin as well.  I have a couple questions if you don't mind helping a newbie out?  The first is are there any Royal Rumble WIP's out there?  I would hate to step on anyone's toes?  Secondly, as I do not have a PIN2DMD built yet I have been doing everything on the editor exclusively and I have no idea if I am doing this correctly? or how to handle the "dynamic" content? I have watched the tutorials online but they only help so much, I believe there are some things I am not comprehending.  If I shared my Royal Rumble XML project, would any of the more experienced community members be willing to offer assistance to guide my efforts?  Thanks in advance, this site has been extremely helpful!

OK, So this is what I've been working on with the Royal Rumble rom, I am still not 100% confident I am using the editor correctly and without a pin2dmd of my own I cannot test this.  Would someone be willing to run this project through some QA and let me know if I am on the right track and if not maybe steer me back on to the tracks...lol   Thanks in Advance!

• cb3 changed the title to Royal Rumble WIP
  • Content Provider

I had a quick look at your project.

In general you should not care about the keyframes at the beginning. 

First you should cut all scenes and color them. Then you should separate these scenes in those without dynamic content and with dynamic content like score.

Those scenes without dynamic content can use replacement or color mask as drawing mode like you did 
in Hulk Hogan Skill Shot, Hulk Hogan 2, Bret Hart, 

Scenes with dynamic content must use color mask as drawing mode like Score Scene, Tag Team Millions.
That means that your colorization of these scenes are currently unusable because you used replace mode which
means if you use them you would always get the score that you had when you were recording the gameplay.

Vince & Savage could either be done in color mask mode which would make one colorization suitable for all
scenes of that kind no matter what is displayed on the TV screen between Vince and Savage or you could use
replace but then you have to color all  TV screens also.

Keep up the work ! Looks great !

Royal Rumble.zip

Ok,  Thank You Lucky1 for the input, my biggest concern with moving forward was having to redo everything if the keyframes weren't correct!  I will ignore them for now and focus on getting the scenes colored, I would estimate I'm about 25% complete with this process.

A question please:  When you say some of the scenes are "unusable" does that me I need to delete them and start over?  Or can I just change the mode from replace to color mask and save?  I did use the color mask feature when ever I have colored "dynamic" content, but I have been switching back and forth between replace and color mask during scenes.   

A request if I could:  I believe I have most of the DMDDumps to this point with the exception of the various "No Holds Brawl" animations, I believe there are different scenes for each wrestler and I have only been able to trigger two of them so far (Luger vs. Savage & Big Boss Man vs. Savage) If anyone knows a trick to get these dumps or could help secure them it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again for the support!

Hulk Hogan1.jpg

Pandemonium.jpg

Tag Team.jpg

So I understand correctly, in the scene I've attached.  I colored all of the text with the color mask option then I colored the Macho Man with the replace option.  Are you telling me that this scene will not work and I have to redo it using the color mask option only?

Macho Man.jpg

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, cb3 said:

So I understand correctly, in the scene I've attached.  I colored all of the text with the color mask option then I colored the Macho Man with the replace option.  Are you telling me that this scene will not work and I have to redo it using the color mask option only?

Macho Man.jpg

Correct !

Ugh.....Thanks Lucky that's what I was afraid of!  Fortunately I believe I understand the color masking system much better now and have been using the "Layered Color Mask" more often.  Before I get to far into this again is there any difference between using color mask or layered color mask as far as dynamic content or anything goes?

Skmastaz....I don't have a pin2dmd yet to answer your question, however I have a real Royal Rumble pin as well and am planning on using this in that machine, I will be more than happy to share the project with everyone when I am finished....If you'd like to assist there are still a couple frame dumps I believe I need if you read the earlier posts you can find which ones....that would be most helpful!

16 hours ago, cb3 said:

Update progress...I estimate about 60% complete as of now...still looking for a response to purchase a pin2dmd unit anyone who could assist?  Thanks!

Just posting up here because I would like to know as well.

Msg'd sash about a month ago but haven't heard anything back. As far as I can tell he's the only source for US orders? 

35 minutes ago, reinkc said:

Hey cbe. Has this been done Attack From Mars? If not I'd like to take a shot at it. Is there a tutorial or anything on how to colorize? Thanks.

I'm not sure if that has been done or not, if you check out the earlier posts in the thread Lucky posted a helpful tutorial from Malenko.  Check that out.