Add capability to trigger external actions.

tjc02002

I was thinking about this and thought I would mention it here. If you could set a trigger based on a key frame that could actually interact with an external device, that would be pretty cool. Like if you wanted to add a lighting effect or control a shaker motor or add something to a topper animation it would be pretty cool. This feature probably wouldn’t get used all that often but it seems like it might be pretty easy to implement in the future. 

• Content Provider

Already implemented but not used by anybody. Use the "Add Event" button together with a DeviceID and EventID assigned to a Keyframe.
Two bytes will be sent out over RS232 connection to the external device.

I already have a small Programm for rpi3 programmed... does some nice stuff but is in the testing actually... more info will follow when it’s done.
If you want to participate or have some nice additions/ suggestions let me have a look ;)
Contact in the footer below :D

• 2 months later...

How I can link STM32 and arduino to receive these informations? Which pin do I connect?

My project is to make interactive led in saucers on attack from mars like the remake and I need to get informations of game sequence to play the correct animation in saucers.

Animations are already done. Now, I need to connect these 2 cards.

regards,

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, Tiberium said:

How I can link STM32 and arduino to receive these informations? Which pin do I connect?

My project is to make interactive led in saucers on attack from mars like the remake and I need to get informations of game sequence to play the correct animation in saucers.

Animations are already done. Now, I need to connect these 2 cards.

regards,

You can use the serial interface and receive events from the pin2dmd. A event consists of 2bytes. The first byte is the device ID and the second is the event number.

Transmission speed 57600 baud. You can assign a event keyframe to a scene using the pin2dmd editor.

• 4 months later...

Hey Lucky1,  I'm playing around with this capability.    Can you look at my screenshot and confirm that I have a correct understanding of where to set Device ID and Event Number?    Also, are there any start or end markers for the 2 byte packet of data?   In my serial read, I'm trying to make sure I'm reading the correct byte as device ID vs. event number.   Thanks.  

eventtrig.bmp

• 3 months later...

Archived