Anyway to get PinUP incorporated into dmddevice.dll for Pin2DMD?

Dazz

• Administrators

I've been trying to get PinUp Player to work, but it crashes PinMAME when using the dmddevice.dll that is supposed to be unified.  I've narrowed the crashing down to using the most recent Pin2DMD firmware v2.51 with the unified dmddevice.dll from PinUP.  I guess I could downgrade firmware, but don't really want to loose the more enhanced color options.  

I hear different reports from pin2dmd users. Terry stated that some can run anything. I know that Senseless had some issues with some Gottlieb. I was still under the impression that the dmddevice provided by lucky was the recommended one ?! PinUP uses a slightly modified version of freezy'.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

I hear different reports from pin2dmd users. Terry stated that some can run anything. I know that Senseless had some issues with some Gottlieb. I was still under the impression that the dmddevice provided by lucky was the recommended one ?! PinUP uses a slightly modified version of freezy'.

This is why I'm thinking it's a firmware issue...  My buddy rablack was one of the testers, he uses a pin2dmd, and has PinUp running.  However, he's running a much earlier version of firmware for the pin2DMD.  

Currenlty running PIN2DMD firmware 2.50 and no issues.

When I install the PinUp Player 1.2 I need to install dmdext 1.6 prior to the installation (replacing the dmddevice.dll from Lucky). The dmddevice.dll and ini from dmdext are slightly modified via the PinUP 1.2 player during installation to ensure rom interaction for video display. The issue I have with this version of the dmddevice.dll is that some of the color roms do not display the colors correctly (know issue) but I also experience sound issues with DataEast roms like T2, LW3 and Batman. The only solution to solve this currenly is to revert back to the dmddevice.dll from Lucky that relates to the 2.50 firmware.

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, Thalamus said:

I believe @NailBuster forked it if from @freezy and that it is available on github.

https://github.com/nailbuster/dmd-extensions

Thanks ! I asked Nailbuster to make a sample integration to one of the official drivers of the /ext/dmddevice directory. 

That could easily be integrated into my dll.

I have currently only a rough idea how it works (passing bitmap of the DLL content to the pinup dll) but unfortunatelly no way to test.

Is there some kind of test application ?

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Thanks ! I asked Nailbuster to make a sample integration to one of the official drivers of the /ext/dmddevice directory. 

That could easily be integrated into my dll.

I have currently only a rough idea how it works (passing bitmap of the DLL content to the pinup dll) but unfortunatelly no way to test.

Is there some kind of test application ?

Hey Lucky.

Here is a 3 part video if you want to see me install PuP....first video is mostly preparing your system first.....mostly standard stuff...but it may help explain some things for what pup uses. 2nd is the install....and the 3rd is a test of pup on each system.

I have links to everything needed in the description for the videos.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the reply Lucky1. I did get it working... just took a few hours of mucking around with dll's, various program settings and some compatibility settings.

Edit: Oh... and a firmware update.

Archived