Project help

I still don't fully understand the editor program but I'm making progress

I'm sure their are multiple problems. problems I don't know about,  can someone point them out to me so that I can fix them.

things I know how to do ( have done)

1. dumped a rom recording

2. imported animation into the editor

3.  bookmarked each individual scene in the recording  (ignoring duplicates scenes)

4. created a pallet profile for each bookmarked scene (text only scenes are using the default profile)

5.added a pallet switch to each bookmarked scene

6. cut each individual scene for coloring.

7. colored a few of the cut scenes.

8. this recording only has 1 dynamic scene "Replay".    I added a mask over the numbers

https://mega.nz/#!g4cEGaxI!JyRvUvL9gQiF526PtcdbKPhkOXU7iuqThexuuXEpvHQ

thanks that worked I was able to export a pal file now.

One question

in this project,  I have 3 scenes with the same hash tag.

Spelling Family Candy

Spelling Family Tori

Spelling Family Randy

I  created a color scene switch for the first scene in the time line Spelling family Candy.  I"m assuming the other 2 scenes will switch to the same  pallet profile even though I can't create an individual switch for the other 2 scenes.  for this case I can use the same pallet profile for each scene.

what would I need to do if I wanted to assign a scene switch to scenes with identical tags?

edit

I was able to export a pal file for a virt pin

but only one of my scenes seems to be switching to the correct pallet  -->  Data East logo scenes

the rest seem to be using the default 4 color pallet.

most scenes have been colored

https://mega.nz/#!U8dGUSQC!sbtrnf_FGnk_9zY9UQrFBddzZ48_KmnO1zn_xb7sGpg

• Content Provider

You have 

2 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

thanks that worked I was able to export a pal file now.

One question

in this project,  I have 3 scenes with the same hash tag.

Spelling Family Candy

Spelling Family Tori

Spelling Family Randy

You have to split the scene into parts. Onewith the Spelling Family only and then 3 different scenes for the names starting from the next frame.

Why do you use layered ColMask for that scene ? You should have a look at the projects that are working fine like StreetFighter II from Malenko.

their are 4 completely different scenes labeled Spelling family

Spelling Family Candy Tori Randy

Spelling Family Candy

Spelling Family Tori

Spelling Family Randy

"Spelling Family Candy Tori Randy" is fine but I probably should of made a Spelling Family tittle screen scene,  and made news scenes where the "Flash" starts to scroll through the images for the other 3 scenes (Candy Tory Randy).

this would of given me different hashes.

I download multiple projects but, I got errors when I tried to open them in the latest editor.  I'm  actually using the  "replacement" method for most if not all the scenes. on this project.

In most cases I just had to change the color on the pallet to match the color scheme I wanted.

this is going to sound like a dumb question but I seen to be stuck.

I  was planning on working on multiple projects. and I do not plan to spend $100+ to have a Pin2DMD set up contented to my desktop PC to view my progress.

I was under the impression that the Pal and Vin   full color projects worked on Freezys dll. because of the few Sam colored roms that work great on it.  Especially Avengers.

I know my project is changing scenes/pallets when I run in on freezys dll.  but its only using 4 colors.  its not using the full 16 color pallets or the replacement scenes.   I thought their was something wrong  with my project ( their might be).

but I ran the current active WIP projects   Star Wars  Party Zone and I had the same problem.

I ran the finished projects  T2 and SPP.  and I had the same problem. 

I can only see 4 colors for each scene.

so the question is

Do full color projects work on Freezys dll.  or do I have a bad install.

Archived