HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018)

OK I have the backglass and the DOF working I'm assuming this is for a 2 screen set up this, 
But why is it over stretched
or do I have the wrong version of the Backglass, what is the right one..

Resized_20180205_122333_9216.jpg

There's two versions. One with a smaller screen and one with a display scaled up to 2x. There could be a third version without the "Display placeholder".

You have the 2x scaled version there. You need to go into the backglass options by clicking the backglass and pushing "S".

You can turn the grill off in there and move the display into position.

Arngrim made an alias for evildead_proc so if you change that into evildead it works for me ( recent change ). I had the same problem with my db2s, then changed the grill to start at the bottom. Can put up a dropbox link if you want. IE, I prefer not to require the db2ssettings.xml file.

One last thing When I load the game through the editor I have to click on Playing field screen
 in order to start the game 
Thanks for such a nice game and everyone's help....
Here's a back glass for a 3 screen setup ....I just modified one of them a little bit..
Until somebody comes along that really knows what they're doing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej8m1814na3e5yd/Evildead.directb2s?dl=0

I futz around with a suggestion from another user, I think in a CCC thread and finally have Evil Dead and Cactus Canyon working properly from PinballX.

This is the .ahk script contents I ended up with, which I launch in PinballX as my launch before Executable variable:

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance force

sleep 20000

;Backglass
WinActivate , ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.1ca0192_r34_ad1

;Video
WinActivate , ahk_class SDL_app

;DMD
WinActivate , ahk_class VPPlayer ; Set focus to Cactus Canyon Continued

;Table
WinActivate , ahk_class VPPlayer

it seems that 

Sub sw48_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(48):DOFALT 128, DOFPulse:End Sub
Sub sw58_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(58):DOFALT 128, DOFPulse:End Sub
Sub sw75_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(75):DOFALT 128, DOFPulse:End Sub
and

Sub leds_Timer()

DOFUndercab(led_num)

End Sub

and

Sub DOFUndercab(lednum)
if ballsInPlay > 0 and giOff = False Then
	For i = 1 to 12
		If i = lednum and lednum <> 12 Then
			DOFALT 200 + i, DOFOn
		Else
			DOFALT 200 + i, DOFOff
		End If
	Next 
end if
End Sub

are not in place in the new version, or some code around has been changed, there are not strobe and rgb undercab actions in the DOF, could you have a look?

Ah, DOF master....you have been installing then,  caved in?

That current script I was using.... I'm not sure why pieces were missing, it was a while since I did work to it.

I'm going to add a shaker in for some scenes which may enhance it a bit, so I'll add it when I do that ok.

i used the awesome proc installer from ninuzzu so the upgrade process was pretty smooth

for the shaker, to add a dof effect, if i'm not mistaken because without the script it is not easy to tell, but for a shaker pulse use DOFALT 129, DOFPulse, int- the configtool i associated a fixed duration of 600ms, but if you want to control the ON and OFF, use DOFALT 133, DOFOn at the start of the shake and DOFALT 133, DOFOff

Not a very old feature. Like for db2s if a *.pov export exists named same as table it will be used. There is also a "magic" filename that rules them all ( same POV for all tables).  Don't remember the name though.

Believe I've shared my settings somewhere in this thread ? If you can't find it , send me a pm.

Thanks guys. I finally feel that I'm making headway in getting my machine back up and running after loosing my hard drive... Need to look into the POV file.

Horsey...I'm really looking forward to Grimlins... :D 

Excellent. Thank you very much.

Next question... I was able to enable the B2S. Is there DOF for this table? How is that enabled?  Also... is there a way to get the video screen to load after the B2S?  My B2S covers the video screen.

Here was a little update which easy go unnoticed. Sets the window on top without AHK or the pinXprocbefore.exe. Another update below that helps you move window into position.

In other games I notice this isn't perfect everytime, unless the window is clicked or activated before hand. This is because the VP player is loaded after. So even still it might need AHK to click the window or just activating with ahk might be enough to keep it on top.

What I did...
 I already had the CCC up and running so after downloading the game I took the Evil Dead
 folder copy it under the games folder in PROC CCC then I put the 2 updates on top of it..
I put a copy of the game And the POV file in the tables folder
  It's been a while

It is recommended to patch yes - the only way to get all the fixes and improvements. Yes. You can use the patch tool for the roms or the older gui that was used a while back for tables.