HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018)

15 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

Check the last part of the log. shared/log.txt

does this help ? Note that I started CCC after ED, to make sure it still works...

If not, I'll try to capture logs next time it happens:

log.zip

I couldn't see problem, only before your last game where you had got it working.

Those logs are going back to January and CCC is verbose so there's alot of text in there.

It does make it easier if getting issue to clear it out, then play, because ED will just spit out the small error if you get one.

It did not seem to be an error, just the game did not register the drain... (drain sound played, but he next ball was not served, and the DMD still showed that ball 1 was in pay). I'll let you know if it happens again. thanks for the awesome work!

got everything working!

thanks for this awesome table!

my only issue is I can't seem to get the undercab lighting working via DOF, any ideas?

by the way, here's what I did to get everything working alongside CCC:

used CCC installer from Ninuzzu

delete the existing /proc/games/evildead
put the new evildead folder in /proc/games - then copied & replaced files from the hotfix to evildead folder

change "DMD" position in /proc/games/evildead/config.yaml

put game_default_settings.yaml into /proc/games/cactuscanyon/config
replace SDL2_ttf.dll in /proc/dlls
replace register_vpcom.py in /proc/tools

from command prompt:

run: pip install requests
goto: c:/proc/tools
    run: python register_vpcom.py --register

Just playing a game earlier made me have to do some work to it. :) Was on for high score, everything nearly complete and found a bug if Cellar was open and you start the DeadByDawn. Couldn't drain after I started Cellar. So pretty big one but not often you get there.

On 4/13/2018 at 2:30 AM, miguelcerca said:

my only issue is I can't seem to get the undercab lighting working via DOF, any ideas?

No idea I don't have one to test, do you have a shaker as well, how is that working?

Hey, after the update when i lock 2 balls back to back in the cellar, it seems to lose the ball and never comes back.  The same happens with cellar multiball (i can get it if i don't hit the cellar lock back to back).  I will lose all of the balls eventually but it seems to think there is another one out there and doesn't end my turn.

I have the same lost ball issue with Dead By Dawn multiball too, it seems to think there is another ball on the field when all have been lost.

8 hours ago, digable said:

I have the same lost ball issue with Dead By Dawn multiball too, it seems to think there is another ball on the field when all have been lost.

Whilst trying to put update out quick as can yesterday, I think I missed compiling one file  after changing back from testing. I think this is why you're seeing DeadByDawn ready so soon. Download the 69 again (30kb) and should be ok.

On 16/04/2018 at 11:39 PM, HorsePin said:

No idea I don't have one to test, do you have a shaker as well, how is that working?

original quote :

got everything working!

thanks for this awesome table!

my answer :

that's what i reported earlier, this method is not called anymore, this is that that is triggers the DOF undercab lightning   

Sub DOFUndercab(lednum)
if ballsInPlay > 0 and giOff = False Then
	For i = 1 to 12
		If i = lednum and lednum <> 12 Then
			DOFALT 200 + i, DOFOn
		Else
			DOFALT 200 + i, DOFOff
		End If
	Next 
end if
End Sub

On 1/12/2018 at 5:06 PM, HorsePin said:

I seem to remember having to run this but it's not in the script:

python C:\Python27\Scripts\pywin32_postinstall.py -install

Hi, 

Just some feedback.  I'm replaced my cabinet computer with a fresh system/install.  Followed the instructions on the first post and had no controller for either CCC or Evil dead until I also ran this as admin.

This should be included as a additional instruction Step.  After I ran this, both games fired up perfectly.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:59 AM, ukexpat71 said:

I am trying to get ED 1.1.0 installed and I am getting the attached errors. I have followed the readme instructions and applied the1.1.0 hotfix files. I ran the "pip install requests" command. I obviously messed something up but am at a loss. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

First Error.PNG

Second Error.PNG

Third Error.PNG

On 4/4/2018 at 12:59 AM, ukexpat71 said:

I am still struggling with this install, and I think I see an issue. When I run the "proc_env_installer_wHD_1.27" I see that installs Pyton27. It creates a P-ROC folder in my C: drive. If I go to control panel and look at the installed programs, I see Python27, but I don't see P-ROC. Shouldn't P-ROC be installed and show up in my programs list? Could something be blocking that from installing? I am embarrassed that this is kicking my butt like this [SMH]

I tried running it as administrator. I am getting the same errors that I posted above when I try to launch the table. After unzipping the ED Hotfix files, and installing the PIP Requests, I can run the Game.pyc file. That seems to work as it loads up and starts playing the intro. Would this indicate that Python and P-ROC are installed correctly? I feel like I am following the install directions to the letter, but I don't know anything about Python.

Ok. Try this. Go to monsterbash and get the latest installer from Ninuzzu. Don't uninstall it, but run the other steps. See if that changes anything.

Oh, and - make sure there are no antivirus programs running. Not even windows defender.

Thank you Thalamus! I will give that a shot tonight. I really appreciate it. Also I learned a long time ago that antivirus programs are not good for emulation and visual pinball so I don't have any installed on my cab. I will double check windows defender though. :)

1 minute ago, HorsePin said:

If the game is running then you don't have to reinstall anything. You were pretty much 3/4 of the way there and you're about to install again. Use your loaf!

Oh, and - make sure there are no antivirus programs running. Not even windows defender.

I appreciate you providing some support on this but this is silly.  I can tell you from Win8.1 to Win10 installs windows defender has never been a problem either, don't disable anything like that there is 100% no need.