HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018)

2 hours ago, HorsePin said:

Game.pyc

Can you put this in the root game folder and try.

Done! Now that appears:

pySerial not found; RGBDMD support will be unavailable
Desktop init begun.
Using a virtual DMD ONLY - no physical DMD output will be sent
Using a virtual DMD ONLY - no physical DMD output will be sent
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Game.py", line 412, in <module>
  File "C:\P-ROC\games\evildead\procgame\game\skeletongame.py", line 85, in run_proc_game
    game = game_class()
  File "Game.py", line 54, in __init__
  File "C:\P-ROC\games\evildead\procgame\game\skeletongame.py", line 139, in __init__
    self.load_config(machineYamlFile)
  File "C:\P-ROC\games\evildead\procgame\game\basicgame.py", line 57, in load_config
    super(BasicGame,self).load_config(path)
  File "C:\P-ROC\games\evildead\procgame\game\game.py", line 246, in load_config
    self.process_config()
  File "C:\P-ROC\games\evildead\procgame\game\skeletongame.py", line 822, in process_config
    super(SkeletonGame,self).process_config()
  File "C:\P-ROC\games\evildead\procgame\game\game.py", line 280, in process_config
    item_dict = sect_dict[name]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not dict
Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SDL_DestroyWindow'" in <bound method Window.__del__ of <sdl2.ext.window.Window object at 0x08AC2490>> ignored
Exception TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound method Renderer.__del__ of <sdl2.ext.sprite.Renderer object at 0x08AC2410>> ignored

Yo HorsePin... Didn't I read where this updated version should keep the display on top?  Mine is still loading under the table or b2s.  Have to alt+tab to bring it to top.

When you do that does it "always stay on top"? If you click the B2S does it disappear? If that's the case, then maybe update the SDL dlls, because this option was added in fairly recent in SDL updates, I can't remember what version gets shipped with skeleton game now. https://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-2.0.8-win32-x86.zip

My issue I had with not being on top was that the window was "always on top", it just needed activating, which part of the update does that now.

17 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

When you do that does it "always stay on top"? If you click the B2S does it disappear? If that's the case, then maybe update the SDL dlls, because this option was added in fairly recent in SDL updates, I can't remember what version gets shipped with skeleton game now. https://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-2.0.8-win32-x86.zip

My issue I had with not being on top was that the window was "always on top", it just needed activating, which part of the update does that now.

Yea, it disappears when I click the B2S... I thought I already updated the SDL2.dll, but I'll try again.  This dll goes into P-ROC/DLLs, right?

That desktop above update is in the hotfix now. I found  bug while playing just then that's crept in from the newer framework scale options when you fight Linda, this fix is in there too.

I reinstalled P-ROC from scratch now and together with your latest hotfix  and the described actions in the ReadMe (note to myself: RTFM ;)) Evil Dead now works like a charm.

The only side effect is, that the update actions somehow killed CCC! When starting, CCC reports the missing file "game_default_settings.yaml". Copying this file from Evil Dead config folder to CCC config folder resolves this issue. Any idea, why this file is suddenly necessary for CCC?

I feel like an old record saying this but you shouldn't keep reinstalling p-roc/pyprocgame. It won't hurt it, but it's costing you time, there's no need to once it's running.

That doesn't make sense to me, similar file structure, but CCC template uses "settings_template.yaml".

Note: The CCC fix  in the notes is for new installs of python 2.7. If you did this before, you don't need to  do this again.

4 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

I feel like an old record saying this but you shouldn't keep reinstalling p-roc/pyprocgame. It won't hurt it, but it's costing you time, there's no need to once it's running.

I'm with you, but in my case Python somehow got corrupt and for me it was the easiest way to resolve the issues!

56 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

Fair enough, it's there again for someone to see at least, but maybe should up the font size.

You're running cabinet mode and have no trouble with hidden screen, on top of B2S etc?

No problems so far :D

BTW and FYI: This is the error box without copying game_default_settings.yaml to CCC config folder:

CCC_Error.PNG

Oh OK , I know what's going on.

The controller was updated for VP to read the settings from the service menus.

By copying the game_default_settings.yaml into the config, that has made the controller happy and won't affect CCC. 

I'll have to update controller.

After copying and registering, CCC works without additional "dummy" file, but Evil Dead crashes with these errors:

When re-registering the old version, everything works like before.

ED_Error01.PNG

ED_Error02.PNG

ED_Error03.PNG

Ok sorry, fixed. Trying to do other things, didn't test ED after change. Same as I don't ever test ccc in VP.

WARNING:

This line should be commented before registering.

https://github.com/horseyhorsey/proc-visual-pinball/blob/32ccbabc21d11b009d9498ec8bb3d9c9b8ac9fad/register_vpcom.py#L130

# _reg_clsctx_ = pythoncom.CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER # LocalSever (no InProc) only means game reloads entirely on next play 

When you run the proc_env_fix.py. It registers the controller with it un-commented to remove the R6304 errors, it will then comment it out and register it again for you. I leave it un-commented for this reason.

The only reason I'm pointing it out now because when I ran ED as a test (registered uncommented) it ran worse than I've ever seen.

Here we are, now everything works like a charm, thanks!

For others: I downloaded 

, commented out line 130 as described above, copied it to shared/tools and registered it using 

Python register_vpcom.py --register

And it's leaving the window on top?

I noticing some issues now if using a B2S where it's not 100%. It's a known issue and have no idea why I just started to run into it.

All it needs is the SDL window to be clicked or key press to stay above, so you could go back to an autohotkey solution if coming into problem like I have.

Edit: Its OK after a restart. So it should be fine for the window not being hidden.

I had 1.0 running fine (along with ccc).  I copied over the 1.0 file and copied 1.1 hotfix, overwrote everything.  Did the comment line thing and registered it, but I get this error.

Untitled.png.84b33d2c610ab5a1cdbd366d1a3a64ee.png

1 minute ago, slydog43 said:

I had 1.0 running fine (along with ccc).  I copied over the 1.0 file and copied 1.1 hotfix, overwrote everything.  Did the comment line thing and registered it, but I get this error.

Untitled.png.84b33d2c610ab5a1cdbd366d1a3a64ee.png

same here

You both are running the older game......let's just clear some things up because it's obvious it's not clear what I have done.

The last version was 1.0.10.

This version is 1.1.0.

I merged the 1.0.10 downloads and updates into 1.1.0 to make it one release.

So you have to download the 1.1.0. This has the table with no patches and new game code. A lot changed in framework over the last few months and pulled all of that into this game.

Delete the procgame folder? Copy new game. Then apply the fix.

5 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

You both are running the older game......let's just clear some things up because it's obvious it's not clear what I have done.

The last version was 1.0.10.

This version is 1.1.0.

I merged the 1.0.10 downloads and updates into 1.1.0 to make it one release.

So you have to download the 1.1.0. This has the table with no patches and new game code. A lot changed in framework over the last few months and pulled all of that into this game.

Then apply the fix.

ok, I know what I was doing wrong. I was overwritting the old game. Installing 1.1 in its own new folder makes it work. thanks!

on my first game though, the game did not register ball 1 drain, and I had to exit the table. A video was playing on the DMD at the time, I don't know if that could cause it...