HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018)

On 2/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, coreduo0099 said:

I futz around with a suggestion from another user, I think in a CCC thread and finally have Evil Dead and Cactus Canyon working properly from PinballX.

This is the .ahk script contents I ended up with, which I launch in PinballX as my launch before Executable variable:

Improved as first launch takes much longer than 2nd launch...

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance force

sleep 22000

;Backglass
WinActivate , ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.1ca0192_r34_ad1

;Video
WinActivate , ahk_class SDL_app

;DMD
WinActivate , ahk_class VPPlayer ; Set focus to Cactus Canyon Continued

;Table
WinActivate , ahk_class VPPlayer

sleep 2000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 2000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 2000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 24000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 10000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 10000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 10000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 5000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

sleep 5000

;Backglass

;Video

;DMD

;Table

I got question about patching *.diff file since y’all mention program using for rom patch what about this program that designed for tables patch like this one ? Will that work too? Thanks

Ok, I finally got P-ROC installed. Weird thing. I moved the ED table and POV to VPX tables folder and when I load from VPX, it shows the DMD loading animations then disappears.. ? The table's attract mode works but when I tried to add coins or press start, it crashes.. ?  For a split second you see the ball load but that's it. On the other hand, i tried loading the table through VPX from P-ROC/games and it loaded with the DMD, video and audio worked and I was even able to interact with buttons. Attract mode worked then as well. Tried pushing start and it crashed as well. Loaded it again and the audio works but no DMD showing now. Table still crashes when pushing start. And on top of everything else, I get absolutely nothing for the backglass, just a black screen on my 2nd monitor. Did I miss a step or two? Thanks in advance if someone could help.

Haven't seen this happening before. Maybe a intermittent problem where a reboot is required ?

As long as you followed the thread, patching the table and p-roc code you should be fine.

I cant enter the service meny or see the backglass.

Saw that there was as script vps in the package, just Place that in the script or table folder and it may work?

@CalleV The table as is should contain what you need. Did you press 9 ( or was it 0 ) to get into the menu ? The back-glass is the "video". Doesn't it start ? Have you tried opening a cmd prompt - go to c:\p-roc\games\evildead and run 'python game.py' ? If that doesn't work. Well, then you should start all over again in this thread.

The Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018).directb2s is the one I cant get on the screen, I have the "video dmd".

I will try 0 or 9. I had no idea that the service meny was that. 

I do not need to care about the EvilDeadFull.vbs that is attached?

Since this is a locked table. I don't see how you can add the script in question. The patches for the table will contain the new/updated script. And some of them fixes game code (those that are to be extracted to 'evildead' folder). I guess the VP script you find is the one he is using in the table - or not. I have a early beta where I had to apply that myself, but, a lot of development and improvements have been done since then. If you don't get into the menu, then you are not able to set the db2s active so that makes sense.

I had a problem I reinstalled, Everything is working but now mine does this…
But I don’t believe it was doing this in the past
when quitting to the editor, VPX closes And my back glass stays up.  Is this normal?
Also this a normal log for this game

2018-03-27 10:57:39,951 - game.config - WARNING - pyprocgame configuration not found at ./config.yaml. Checking C:\Users\jimbob/.pyprocgame/config.yaml.
2018-03-27 10:57:39,951 - game.config - INFO - pyprocgame configuration found at C:\Users\jimbob/.pyprocgame/config.yaml
2018-03-27 10:57:42,448 - vpcom - INFO - Run received extra arg!?
2018-03-27 10:57:42,450 - vpcom - INFO - Arg was 66830
2018-03-27 10:57:42,457 - vpcom - INFO - S11 is ...False
2018-03-27 10:57:42,457 - game.config - INFO - pyprocgame configuration found at ./config.yaml
2018-03-27 10:57:42,466 - game.config - INFO - pyprocgame configuration found at ./config.yaml
2018-03-27 10:57:42,724 - game.sound - INFO - Initializing sound...
2018-03-27 10:57:43,632 - game.dmdcache - WARNING - Loading image file with caching disabled; set dmd_cache_path in config to enable.
2018-03-27 10:57:44,894 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/sfx/MENU B_Select.ogg does not exist!
2018-03-27 10:57:46,266 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/sfx/Cellar-AlrightnowAngry.ogg does not exist!
2018-03-27 10:57:46,269 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/sfx/CellarRamp/Cellar-AlrightnowAngry2.ogg does not exist!
2018-03-27 10:57:46,282 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/sfx/CellarRamp/CellarLetMeout.ogg does not exist!
2018-03-27 10:57:46,565 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/sfx/Cheryl/disturbed.ogg does not exist!
2018-03-27 10:57:46,839 - Trough - WARNING - No switches have been tagged 'trough'.  Switches with names that start Trough will be used.
2018-03-27 10:57:46,947 - ballsearch - INFO - Disabled
2018-03-27 10:57:47,250 - vpcom - INFO - GameName: EvilDead
2018-03-27 10:57:47,250 - vpcom - INFO - SplashInfoLine: Evil Dead

P-ROC by HorsePin
2018-03-27 10:58:41,934 - ballsearch - INFO - Enabled (waiting)

On 20/02/2018 at 8:48 PM, arngrim said:

it seems that 

Sub sw48_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(48):DOFALT 128, DOFPulse:End Sub
Sub sw58_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(58):DOFALT 128, DOFPulse:End Sub
Sub sw75_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(75):DOFALT 128, DOFPulse:End Sub

and

Sub leds_Timer()

DOFUndercab(led_num)

End Sub

and

Sub DOFUndercab(lednum)
if ballsInPlay > 0 and giOff = False Then
	For i = 1 to 12
		If i = lednum and lednum <> 12 Then
			DOFALT 200 + i, DOFOn
		Else
			DOFALT 200 + i, DOFOff
		End If
	Next 
end if
End Sub

are not in place in the new version, or some code around has been changed, there are not strobe and rgb undercab actions in the DOF, could you have a look?

any news about the missing force feedback?

Hey Horsepin. Great game btw. Love the movie. :) I got the table running and it plays just fine. I positioned my DMD on my second screen but at scale 1, it seems small compared to all the videos I've seen that people have shown. The config file won't let me set the scale to 1.5 but only to 2 which makes it too big. Is there a way to resize somewhere in between scales 1 and 2? I played with the dot sizes and it enlarges all the text but leaves the video the same size. Also, I have no Backglass image. Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting somewhere? Is there a separate directb2s out there somewhere? Thanks in advance if you can help.

UPDATE: I went in to settings to enable the directb2s and loaded the game and I got a message saying no screenres.txt. I copied my VPX screenres file and put it in evildead in proc. I loaded the table again and it said directb2s doesn't exist. So I found a directb2s, put it in the VPX folder with the table and tried to load one last time and I got the following errors...

I hit ok and VPX crashes. I was just playing this table. What the heck did I do wrong?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by watacaractr
Update

I hit ok and VPX crashes. I was just playing this table. What the heck did I do wrong?

Those messages are from the B2S server. The game was updated because directB2S wasn't being loaded from the tables directory. 

You shouldn't have to be copying screenres.txt or having the directb2s anywhere but in the tables folder.

Okay, I did update to the latest file located here on VPU. Installed the original and then updated to the latest within the download files. It's still doing it. Here is what I get after enabling directb2s in the game's settings... with the table, pov and directb2s in my VPX table folder.

Is there a newer version out there somewhere other than what is available on here in the downloads? I cannot get my b2s server to start the evil dead directb2s from my VPX tables folder. Everything else works, just no BG.

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, watacaractr said:

Okay, I did update to the latest file located here on VPU. Installed the original and then updated to the latest within the download files. It's still doing it. Here is what I get after enabling directb2s in the game's settings... with the table, pov and directb2s in my VPX table folder.

And you patched the table .diff?

HI Guys,

Excellent Table, after I managed to get it working been playing all night. Its very addictive.

It did take me a few days but I am at a point where I have it all working except I have to pass the attached error first. Bacglass runs OK then when I click OK to the Runtime everything else starts OK.

Checked process explorer and only VPx and backglassserver.exe are called. Not sure what I have done and I'm lucky I got this far, reinstalled, overwritten and run scripts numerous times and I am happy to stay this way if it means I can play it. but any help is very much appreciated. Thanks,

Webster.

Capture.PNG