HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018)

Evil Dead (HorsePin 2018)

I could spend another half a year on this game, but it's very playable now.  It will only need some tweaks for the display, more trophys, scores  and any bugs that appear when played by more machines I'll sort out.

Most credits are in the attract mode but extra thanks to:

VPU for hosting, Flupper - for his blender ramp templates

Download initial 1.0 with table and check for any other updates in the link.  ** Updates can be applied just overwriting into game folder**  Use patch tool here and patch using the .diff in zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. P-ROC, Python 2.7, VPCom controller install

https://github.com/horseyhorsey/proc-visual-pinball/blob/master/README_2.7.md

https://github.com/horseyhorsey/proc-visual-pinball

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Move evildead game folder to C:\P-ROC\Games. Test the game works first by running the Game.pyc

3. Register the new controller for solenoids and settings.

Copy the "register_vpcom_solenoids_skeleconfig.py" to C:\P-ROC\Tools and register by running

python register_vpcom_solenoids_skeleconfig.py --register

Look for "VPROC Registered OK"

4. VP setup:

------------------------------VP Controller mapping------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\P-ROC\Shared\vp_game_map.yaml

EvilDead:
  path: /../games/evildead
  kls: Game.Game
  yaml: /..games/evildead/config/machine_config/GameConfig.yaml

-------------------------------------------------------------------
#### DISPLAY CONFIG #######
Adjust the values in the config.yaml to position the display.. It probably best after the installation that you double click the game.pyc to see where the display is position and adjust.
DON'T CHANGE THE RESOLUTION, but you can scale it.
screen_position_x: 25
screen_position_y: 60

Use the service mode in game to adjust settings. Enable directB2S, enable/disable table sounds, table physics and flipper physics.

Table resides in the Visual Pinball folder, you can copy this out and into your tables folders with the .pov . Keep the .pov as the same name as the table if you want to make changes to view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cactus Canyon python 2.7 update fix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PinballX:

PinballX - Database

<game name="Evil Dead(HorsePin 2018)">
    <description>Evil Dead(HorsePin 2018)</description>
    <rom />
    <year>2018</year>
    <rating>0</rating>
    <type>OG</type>
    <manufacturer>RomPin, HorsePin</manufacturer>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <hidedmd>true</hidedmd>
    <hidebackglass>false</hidebackglass>
    <alternateExe>VPinballX_10.4.0.exe</alternateExe>
  </game>

PinballX - System Config - Copy the ProcPinXBefore.exe to C:\P-ROC or wherever

[System_4]
Name=P-ROC
WorkingPath=C:\Visual Pinball
Executable=VPinballX_10.4.0.exe
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\P-ROC
LaunchBeforeExecutable=ProcPinXBefore.exe
LaunchBeforeParameters=
Enabled=True
TablePath=C:\Visual Pinball\Tables
Parameters=-play "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterParameters=
SystemType=1
NVRAMPath=
Bypass=True

Have had the pleasure to play this and Jaws beta for over a week already and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Thank you very much for you great work here Dave. Not only finishing this table in style. But, also the hard work you've put down into making p-roc much easier for everyone to install.

Thanks, really appreciated the help!, hope it wasn't too much of a pain. I actually got your name wrong in the credit, but will fix that soon :)

As I was juggling two versions before putting this out and working like the clappers trying to get it out, I deleted the main GAME file! Don't know how many changes went into that this morning but i I lost them all and V1.0 was bad.

Have just been going like lightning to fix it, and it broke quite a few  files and you don't know it's broken until you hit the mode or whatever it is, but should be back to normal now. 1.0.1. The updates will be really small (70kb) and if table has to change, I'll supply a patch.

• A little funny I noticed on the ending of Linda but should be doable in VP. You have to tap flippers left/right on the finale but it doesn't tell you that.

Just a thought about you said you missed sounds yesterday....the attract mode by default was set to off, for both sounds and music. Worth while going through the service menus to check options.

Yeah. Like any other release, there will be bugs or changes. JP' been around for a while and he said something like this - No reason to download 1.0 ... wait for at least 1.0.1 :-)

Hmm. Cleaned out the table so I could verify what others see. First game, registered name and played. Crash on ball exit. I thought I could re-produce so I deleted log and started over to give you input. Didn't happen again. Expect a file to be missing and got generated ?! The other thing. Sure, VP sound was now working as expected. Test modes where off, but table I started out almost at wizard mode ?!

Ok great, I have been working on Linda but didn't want to get it out so soon, but could have had that too.

In Linda the scenes when fighting in the shed they have a small gap, this is from where it's been updated and I used to rely on the sounds duration. I hadn't played to this end of this mode for a long time.

Working on some more stuff which will finally nail the profiles and saving their data, which in turn fixes alot of the trophys. Not sure if scores were saved in 10.4 , must have broken that but will be fixed in next along with each player having their own top 5 scores.

I am presuming it's all been plain sailing because nobody in the thread for help? (Didn't expect that)

Hello,

Tried to install this new version (i had older ones with python26). still couldnt managed to make it worked for the moment. I think i followed all the steps but when i want to launch the table i have a script error , No controller defined... and when i load the table in the editor the script button is grayed ???  (never seen that before) so cant check the script to see if the controller is well defined.

I have to say i had warning when executing one or two python scripts that i should have been in a module or something like that .

I will retry this week-end !

I thought I had added it but before you even attempt to run VP make sure the game runs.

1. If you don't remove python26 paths from your enviroment then the installer or the first python that was installed may override it. So any calls to python will install extras into the Python26 folder. Run a command prompt and do "python --version"
  2. You can double click the Game.pyc, which runs the game.
  3. Doesn't sound like the controller is registered, the first script will do that for you and bring window prompt because needs admin rights.
  4. Other script errors could mean you didn't register the following file in the P-ROC/Tools folder....script errors could happen because this has added settings.
    register_vpcom_solenoids_skeleconfig.py

18 hours ago, HorsePin said:

I thought I had added it but before you even attempt to run VP make sure the game runs.

1. If you don't remove python26 paths from your enviroment then the installer or the first python that was installed may override it. So any calls to python will install extras into the Python26 folder. Run a command prompt and do "python --version"
  2. You can double click the Game.pyc, which runs the game.
  3. Doesn't sound like the controller is registered, the first script will do that for you and bring window prompt because needs admin rights.
  4. Other script errors could mean you didn't register the following file in the P-ROC/Tools folder....script errors could happen because this has added settings.

register_vpcom_solenoids_skeleconfig.py

i had remove the python 26 like you described in the guide, and i think all was installed in the pyhton27 folder. I will check with the python --version

ah i had forgot that i can test with the game.pyc , thanks !

I ran all the scripts in a cmd tools with admin rights. but i will redo the procedure and take note of the warning/errors this time.

Thanks for your input !

ok so i launched the game with the game.pyc and everything seems fine.. i have the dmd running.

I reread the procedure and i forgot to install the http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build216/pywin32-216.win32-py2.6.exe/download

but this one needs python 2.6 installed but i have deleted it (we want pyhton 2.7 ?) .. so i took the 2.7 version, installed it.

but when i try to register the vpcom i have the following error

199 : SyntaxWarning : import * only allowed at module level (same for the solenoid register) 

Is this warning normal ?

Im with administrator right in my cmd shell...

Yes, that can be ignored. You are just looking for VPROC registered ok.

Installing 2.6 com will not work, where did you find old links to pywin32?

Part of the script installs pywin32 2.7 for you.

i thought i have found the pb but no.. the .vpx and .pov were locked on my pc (like a dll or exe, never saw that before). I unlocked them but still no luck..

I can load the table in vp10 but i cant see the script (grayed button) nor the options.. and i i try to launch i have this error

ligne 37 :  Cet object ne gère pas cette propriété ou cette méthode : 'Controller.GetSettings'

If i try to load an ancient p-roc table (cactus canyon) i can see the script without pbs .. i dont get it why it makes that only on your table ???