SAMBuild3.1 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

oh, you are correct. Still, it works better for my laptop to set to False. I'm using the laptop display, Intel HD 4000. Not the greatest.

My mistake, FastFlips for Tron is for upcoming 2.1 release.

Tron 2.1 was uploaded to MB tonight so should be available this week. Thanks to Rob and all those involved in making the SAM update happen and FF for Tron.

Not sure if its VPinMAME or not, but I can't start a game of teedOff.  I hear the coins going in, but the credits don't increment.  I tried deleting the nvram, but still same issue.  vpx and vp9 version act the same.  Can any one else start a game?

• Content Provider

Someone else will have to chime in on teedoff. My cab is down. 

I just did a fresh install on my laptop in preparation for figuring out DOF and Pin2DMD. For Tron I'm able to set UseVPMModSol to True if I turn off most of the Video enhancements. 

I'm very late to the party but I've got the Tron PupPack working, Whoa!

TronDT.thumb.png.dd8ee07aa82cc952a3f3d30fd29029c9.png

No fast flips is not auto-magic.   It probably could be for most tables, but I'd rather not break something trying. 

UseVPMModsol is for modulated flashers - generally turning this on won't hurt anything, but needs table support to do something useful.    Tables like ACDC/LE have supported this from the get-go.     Fast flips is something different. 

To use fast flips, first update your SAM.VBS with this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8eI076hLSpSsc-__TQNIg-K7mlpdbE9/view?usp=sharing 

then at the end of table init sub, add this line:

InitVpmFFlipsSAM

That should be it.    So for example, in ACDC/LE, scroll down to around line 230, and make it look like this:

'Other Suff
    InitOptions:InitBell:InitCannon:InitDiverters
    InitVpmFFlipsSAM
End Sub

As a reminder - AC/DC 1.68h is what's supported at this time, not 1.70.   If someone ever color patches 1.70 I'll look into doing it. 

If you are a table author updating a table, you may want to have it read:

On Error Resume Next 
  InitVpmFFlipsSAM
  On Error Goto 0

This will keep your table compatible with older sam.vbs.    If you are an end-user just add the one line.  If you get an error you'll know that sam.vbs wasn't updated correctly. 

Whoa!   Thanks for explaining that to me, slydog43!  MAJOR DIFFERENCE!  I checked this on my desktop PC, and am seeing 0.2- 0.3 ms to rotate, whereas it was 20 something before.  I still need to check this out on my cab, which has a lesser graphics card, more monitors, etc.  

Specifically, I have an i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 1050 on my  single monitor desktop.  An i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 960 on my  3 monitor cab.

1 hour ago, DJRobX said:

Only the LE TWD 1.60h is supported for fast flips (hacks like the Cleland rom are fine)

grr.  looked for over an hour.. can't find 1.60h but have 1.60 and 1.56h.  I've scanned the 'universe' and stern's site or am not building the zip correctly.. what should be in the twd_160h.zip ?  just twd_160h.bin (which I can't find)?

Next one.. Family Guy from 10/21/2017  timeframe seems to use fg1200af and putting the new script additions kills the flippers. 

Tried Const cGameName = "fg_1200" instead of "fg_1200af" and renamed rom and rom contents to fg_1200 but no luck.

Archived