SAMBuild3.1 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So wait.... we no longer need to change DDRAW=0 now with exclusive fullscreen enabled?

This just quietly snuck in there after 2 years... and I don't hear rejoicing?  Great stuff!
Yea... lucky1 who uses a pin2dmd shared a crash with me. I thought it was dumb to initialize ddraw if the window is never going to be visible, so I did something about it. One less point of failure is always good lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, DJRobX said:

And less latency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One less bloody error that comes up and people think its Pinup related... THANK YOU!

So does that latency only come into play if using PinMAME DMD...not if using freezy or real DMD

One less bloody error that comes up and people think its Pinup related... THANK YOU!

So does that latency only come into play if using PinMAME DMD...not if using freezy or real DMD
Exclusive fullscreen has less latency than windowed fullscreen because windows triple buffers the desktop. Has nothing to do with the DMD output at all. :)

• Content Provider
54 minutes ago, DJRobX said:

Exclusive fullscreen has less latency than windowed fullscreen because windows triple buffers the desktop. Has nothing to do with the DMD output at all. :)

Got it...I thought you were referring to ddarw=0 means the pinmame dmd draws much slower than ddraw=1, etc..

• Content Provider

Thank you and volkenborn for all of the work you continue putting into VPM! And thank @DJRobX for all of the work on including fast flips for SAM and all of the other systems this cycle.

SAMBuild is pretty much the same as official now, but if it helps clear some tasks off of your plate then I'm happy to continue running builds.

Hey guys, did anyone lose their color dmd (pindmdv3) capabilities after updating to ~SAMBuild_r4594 ?   The dmd is in color but only reads the settings in Game settings, not the .vni or .pal files.  I believe someone at some point said it may be related to Freezy's code?

On 8/12/2018 at 2:22 PM, uturnweb said:

Hey guys, did anyone lose their color dmd (pindmdv3) capabilities after updating to ~SAMBuild_r4594 ?   The dmd is in color but only reads the settings in Game settings, not the .vni or .pal files.  I believe someone at some point said it may be related to Freezy's code?

If you updated to VPX 10.5, the included verison of Freezy's dmddevice.DLL has colorization features disabled.   Go to think Thalamus gave above and get the full version again.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I have VPINMAME 3.1 installed and the SAMBuild version 3.1 official rev r4607 dll overwritten. When I go to Setup.exe to test ROMs I do not see any of the color ones listed like ACD_168HC. I have been semi successful in just patching the ROM and then naming it ACD_168H but there are errors on the DMD, like overlaps. I am sure it is something stupid, but why do I not see the colored roms in the list?

Thanks,

Nic

• Content Provider

Assuming you are using the all-in-one installer, overwrite vpinmame.dll in the /Visual Pinball/VPinMAME folder with the SAMBuild version. Then run Setup.exe in the same folder. Click the Install button, Click Ok when the dialog box comes up. Should get a message that it was installed successfully.

Thanks. I had done all of that. I figured out what it was. The DLL was blocked. Stupid me for not looking. I had checked all DLLs during all installs and never had a blocked one. I think what happened this time is I dragged the DLL directly from WinRAR to the folder instead of extracting it and then copying it. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

Nick

Archived