SAMBuild3.1 beta thread

CarnyPriest

Thank you both !
Rob. Any chance I could steer you to have a look at the tilt bob issue I've been nagging about a few times ?
I can shake the cab like crazy. Never able to get it to tilt immediately. But, if table is set for eg. 3 warnings. I do get a tilt on the third. So, it is working, but, many fast hits is not read more than once and there is a grace period. I hope I'm not the only one seeing this.
Yeah I'm having weird issues with my tilt bob as well. I posted out in junkies fb page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated to Sam r4519 & Sam.vbs for Batman table which plays fine, but other Stern tables (iron man ve 2.0.6, nfozzy star trek le, Spiderman ve, mustang le, dozer twd le, & Stern spider-man) now give "this machine will not operate in this country, please contact your distributor" message on the dmd. Tables worked fine before and all are the English Roms.

I think I found the cause for my issue but not the why. I get this message on the DMD of the above tables after I open my CSI (Stern 2008)_vpx_1.00 table by Javier. Tables open fine before CSI, but after loading then closing CSI and going back to the tables the DMD will show the name of the game, then show game over, then the "this machine will not operate in this country message", only way to play these then, is to exit vpx, if I don't open CSI table, everything plays as before update. I am on VP 10.4 final Sam 3.1 r4519 with updated Sam.vbs on win7.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, bladeof said:

I think I found the cause for my issue but not the why. I get this message on the DMD of the above tables after I open my CSI (Stern 2008)_vpx_1.00 table by Javier. Tables open fine before CSI, but after loading then closing CSI and going back to the tables the DMD will show the name of the game, then show game over, then the "this machine will not operate in this country message", only way to play these then, is to exit vpx, if I don't open CSI table, everything plays as before update. I am on VP 10.4 final Sam 3.1 r4519 with updated Sam.vbs on win7.

There was a minor change to SAM system language dip settings. Very minor. I don't see how that could cause an issue. Anyone else have this happening?

Carny, I am in a visual pinball Facebook group with DJRobX, I posted my issue there too and he responded with the answer.  DJRob says CSI and Stern IJ have strange timing problems that put SAM into different timing mode and the mode isn't getting reset when I pick a different SAM table because I open tables from the editor instead of a front-end and a front-end fully restarts VPX as you change tables resetting the timing mode. He has a fix for next update. Big Thank You to DJRobX and you Carny for the work you do, it is very much appreciated.

Got BBH working with the new fastflips stuff, but having trouble again with spiderman and shrek.  Anyone else get those 2 working?  I did redownload the stern roms just to make sure.   Maybe I need a newer sam.vbs?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was going through testing my games after upgrading to VP10.4 and noticed Kingpin VPX no longer works.  I'm on the pinmame 4515. The game uses rom KPV106, but the only one that is listed now in Vpinmame is  KPBV105.  Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.  Thanks for any ideas.

slydog43:  I have problems with Spiderman VE and Shrek as well, flippers don't work at all once applied, maybe has custom keys code, like Family Guy?

Yes. Flippers not working is a sure sign that the fast flip IS activating but the key up and key down handlers are not using the default Sam implementation.

Shrek is the same table as FG so the same fix is needed as posted above. Spider-Man probably similar.

Thank you both !
Rob. Any chance I could steer you to have a look at the tilt bob issue I've been nagging about a few times ?
I can shake the cab like crazy. Never able to get it to tilt immediately. But, if table is set for eg. 3 warnings. I do get a tilt on the third. So, it is working, but, many fast hits is not read more than once and there is a grace period. I hope I'm not the only one seeing this.

His issue is weird. His volume is changing and or coins added when tilt bob activates. Its possibly related to what you're seeing but I can't reproduce it.

I don't have a tilt bob and the tilt stuff seems more complex than it ought to be. I would probably try adding a manual 'T' handler in Sam.vbs that does a controller.switch() on the tilt switch directly and see what you get.

DJRobX:  Re: Fast Flips support for SAM tables

As you say Shrek works with the 'Family Guy' Keys replacement text :) but Spiderman VE generates script errors when keys are touched, have attached pics, for left flipper and plunger

Spiderman VE error when Plunger is released.png

Spiderman VE error when left flipper is touched.png

Bah. FB sux ! But, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone [emoji4]
Thalamus could fire up the new dark knight table or acdc and engage your tilt bob and let me know if it acts as should?

Sure think my friend. I just did. Startet dark knight and gave it a good shake. 2 warnings, tilt on the third. But, with the delay I've described - no immediate tilt ( I should have gotten it )

Before you ask - these are my key settings. And I use the updated mjr-nudge script. I will try to do some poking inside sam.vbs in the weekend. Not 100% what Rob meant.

I have the Zeb keyboard controller. I believe you have the same ?

my_key_settings.PNG

Sure think my friend. I just did. Startet dark knight and gave it a good shake. 2 warnings, tilt on the third. But, with the delay I've described - no immediate tilt ( I should have gotten it )
Before you ask - these are my key settings. And I use the updated mjr-nudge script. I will try to do some poking inside sam.vbs in the weekend. Not 100% what Rob meant.
I have the Zeb keyboard controller. I believe you have the same ?
my_key_settings.PNG.1093d131cb13388a4ab819ba44b180f0.PNG
I do have the same controller. Thanks for checking! We will figure this out!

• Content Provider

Something to keep in mind...

If you have more that one gamepad / controller connected....only ONE of those controllers will actually cause a tilt warning.

So if for example you have a Pinscape (configured as gamepad) and another gamepad controller connected...and you have VPX set to use the X Axis... both of them will make the table "nudge" like it should. However only one of them will actually cause a TILT. Problem is, you don't get to choose which controller! (and you may not know which one is supposed to work)

This is a fairly unknown "bug" / function limitation of vpx that many may not know about. It can cause a problem with no TILT occurring depending on the user's cabinet setup. Some people may not be as good a player as they think they are!  ;) 

Something to keep in mind...
If you have more that one gamepad / controller connected....only ONE of those controllers will actually cause a tilt warning.
So if for example you have a Pinscape (configured as gamepad) and another gamepad controller connected...and you have VPX set to use the X Axis... both of them will make the table "nudge" like it should. However only one of them will actually cause a TILT. Problem is, you don't get to choose which controller! (and you may not know which one is supposed to work)
This is a fairly unknown "bug" / function limitation of vpx that many may not know about. It can cause a problem with no TILT occurring depending on the user's cabinet setup. Some people may not be as good a player as they think they are!  [emoji6] 
Something has changed I think with the Sams.vbs. I had no issues in the past and when I updated to latest version is when things got messed up. I'm going to roll back vpx before Sam's was included and roll back older sams.vbs to try and narrow this down. What really is weird is that it happens on some stern tables not all. I have videos posted on junkies fb page showing what is going on.

• Content Provider

Hey Guys,

Great work on the Fast Flips, working great on all but spiderman (as previously mentioned).

Having some stability issues with the newest releases when using pin2dmd.dll and colorised roms.

Not sure if I should post this here or in pin2dmd support, putting it here as I have only noticed it after the latest update of vpinmame, my pin2dmd firmware\dll haven't been touched for a bit (both are the latest).

Every 2nd or 3rd load of the rom will crash (both via VPX or using Test in Setup), no error messages. If I turn off external dll it works fine.

Any tips on how I can track down the cause of the crashes?

Thanks,

Wob

• Content Provider
Experiment with turning on/off at91jit

Ahh Tapatalk just killed my message.

No luck with at91jit, was 1 but same result with 0, it just takes a few more loads to crash.

Event log errors below, same type of errors when calling from vpinballx.exe, so maybe a question for [mention=7772]lucky1[/mention]?

>>Log Name:      ApplicationSource:        Application ErrorDate:          14/06/2018 4:46:48 PMEvent ID:      1000Task Category: (100)Level:         ErrorKeywords:      ClassicUser:          N/AComputer:      VPINDescription:Faulting application name: Setup.exe_Visual PinMAME Installer, version: 1.42.0.0, time stamp: 0x5677fa1cFaulting module name: DmdDevice.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ab693cfException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00010524Faulting process ID: 0x920Faulting application start time: 0x01d403ab01c9fa1eFaulting application path: C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\Setup.exeFaulting module path: C:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\DmdDevice.dllReport ID: 3c8658e7-714c-4e7f-84c2-f33ed7ba830eFaulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System>   <Provider Name="Application Error" />   <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>   <Level>2</Level>   <Task>100</Task>   <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-06-14T06:46:48.295063600Z" />   <EventRecordID>19869</EventRecordID>   <Channel>Application</Channel>   <Computer>VPIN</Computer>   <Security /> </System> <EventData>   <Data>Setup.exe_Visual PinMAME Installer</Data>   <Data>1.42.0.0</Data>   <Data>5677fa1c</Data>   <Data>DmdDevice.dll</Data>   <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>   <Data>5ab693cf</Data>   <Data>c0000005</Data>   <Data>00010524</Data>   <Data>920</Data>   <Data>01d403ab01c9fa1e</Data>   <Data>C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\Setup.exe</Data>   <Data>C:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\DmdDevice.dll</Data>   <Data>3c8658e7-714c-4e7f-84c2-f33ed7ba830e</Data>   <Data>   </Data>   <Data>   </Data> </EventData></Event>

>>Log Name:      ApplicationSource:        Windows Error ReportingDate:          14/06/2018 4:46:49 PMEvent ID:      1001Task Category: NoneLevel:         InformationKeywords:      ClassicUser:          N/AComputer:      VPINDescription:Fault bucket 1938266938449532676, type 1Event Name: APPCRASHResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0Problem signature:P1: Setup.exe_Visual PinMAME InstallerP2: 1.42.0.0P3: 5677fa1cP4: DmdDevice.dllP5: 0.0.0.0P6: 5ab693cfP7: c0000005P8: 00010524P9: P10: Attached files:\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER81B7.tmp.dmp\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8235.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8234.tmp.csv\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8245.tmp.txtThese files may be available here:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Setup.exe_Visual_44357b9c14c01be6635b53281dccf7e73b8ec90_f4dec992_063e8745Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0Report ID: 3c8658e7-714c-4e7f-84c2-f33ed7ba830eReport Status: 268435456Hashed bucket: 18f4e1d03692603efae61b82da2b1704Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System>   <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />   <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>   <Level>4</Level>   <Task>0</Task>   <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-06-14T06:46:49.777728800Z" />   <EventRecordID>19870</EventRecordID>   <Channel>Application</Channel>   <Computer>VPIN</Computer>   <Security /> </System> <EventData>   <Data>1938266938449532676</Data>   <Data>1</Data>   <Data>APPCRASH</Data>   <Data>Not available</Data>   <Data>0</Data>   <Data>Setup.exe_Visual PinMAME Installer</Data>   <Data>1.42.0.0</Data>   <Data>5677fa1c</Data>   <Data>DmdDevice.dll</Data>   <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>   <Data>5ab693cf</Data>   <Data>c0000005</Data>   <Data>00010524</Data>   <Data>   </Data>   <Data>   </Data>   <Data>\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER81B7.tmp.dmp\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8235.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8234.tmp.csv\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8245.tmp.txt</Data>   <Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Setup.exe_Visual_44357b9c14c01be6635b53281dccf7e73b8ec90_f4dec992_063e8745</Data>   <Data>   </Data>   <Data>0</Data>   <Data>3c8658e7-714c-4e7f-84c2-f33ed7ba830e</Data>   <Data>268435456</Data>   <Data>18f4e1d03692603efae61b82da2b1704</Data> </EventData></Event>

• Content Provider

Thanks, Will do, mine has been fine up untill the last couple of weeks, might have been a few updates behind with box and vpinmame, but seems something has upset the fine balance that is VP software :)

I think this is the intermittent problem I've seen for ages. What I've seen on my side that I have actually less of these crashes than I used to. I'm on pindmd3, and using freezy' dmddevice. You should probably ask Lucky1 next.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived