SAMBuild3.1 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

Latest SAMBuild for the version 3.1 cycle can be found in this post. 

The package includes the latest external DMD dlls if there has been a recent update. Or else find the external DMD dlls with the beta thread for the official VPinMAME build here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

OR

at lucky1's GitHub repository for Pin2DMD here:

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame 

Copy the files into your VPM directory, and run setup.exe again. There, press the install button (with each new build) and remember to setup the defaults again!

In case you have an external DMD connected that you want to use with VPM, please move the dlls from the respective subdirectory (Pin2DMD or PinDMD1 or PinDMD2 or PinDMD3) directly into your VPM directory!

Beta cycle is complete - pick up SAMBulld31 here:

Important note:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Carny for all your work.

Keeping up with the low level changes, roms  etc.

And of course for years now making sure we've got the best possible pinmame off your build !

There is a core of people in our community where you would really see if one of them wasn't doing their regular stuff, and you are defiantly one  of those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

There is no such thing as an official color rom. These entries only exist to allow VPinMAME to load patched ROMs that use the Pinball Browser side channel loading feature. Since there is no official color rom then there is nothing to check. Just hold those off in some other folder when you are auditing your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

For your information, next beta includes a lot of file renames for S.A.M.  bin files. VPM should be able to verify by checksum, but you may find that you have to unzip, rename, and rezip. Or use a rom auditor like clrmamepro along with the PinMAME executable. It's easier and faster.

I've updated what I could under the Downloads section but I can only change the posts I created. A lot of the final code versions that most people use were uploaded by VPUStaff. I can't update those posts, so you may wind up having to do the work yourselves. The following were changed:

Insert underscore character "_" such that

avrXXX -> avr_XXX

bbhXXX -> bbh_XXX

bdkXXX -> bdk_XXX

csiXXX -> csi_XXX

fgXXX -> fg_XXX

nbaXXX -> nba_XXX

potcXXX -> potc_XXX

rsnXXX -> rsn_XXX

shrXXX -> shr_XXX

smanXXX -> sman_XXX

tfXXX -> tf_XXX

trnXXX -> trn_XXX

wpt1129af -> wpt_1129af

wpt1400X -> wpt_1400X

And substitute 0 for underscore character "_" such that

wof0XXX -> wof_XXX

wpt0XXX -> wpt_XXX

16 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

For your information, next beta includes a lot of file renames for S.A.M.  bin files. VPM should be able to verify by checksum, but you may find that you have to unzip, rename, and rezip. Or use a rom auditor like clrmamepro along with the PinMAME executable. It's easier and faster.

I've updated what I could under the Downloads section but I can only change the posts I created. A lot of the final code versions that most people use were uploaded by VPUStaff. I can't update those posts, so you may wind up having to do the work yourselves. The following were changed:

Insert underscore character "_" such that

avrXXX -> avr_XXX

bbhXXX -> bbh_XXX

bdkXXX -> bdk_XXX

csiXXX -> csi_XXX

fgXXX -> fg_XXX

nbaXXX -> nba_XXX

potcXXX -> potc_XXX

rsnXXX -> rsn_XXX

shrXXX -> shr_XXX

smanXXX -> sman_XXX

tfXXX -> tf_XXX

trnXXX -> trn_XXX

wpt1129af -> wpt_1129af

wpt1400X -> wpt_1400X

And substitute 0 for underscore character "_" such that

wof0XXX -> wof_XXX

wpt0XXX -> wpt_XXX

Hello Guys,

I would like to introduce you to a method, or maybe you know, how to download a dat file with ClrMamePro, if CarnyPriest creates it before and uploads it somewhere.
Maybe the Turtorial explains everything exactly, see link

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=280629&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

HI Carny,

Quick one I have installed 3.1 and it works beautifully thank you for that.  The only exceptions my System 3 Gottlieb games run slow  (Rescue 911, Tee'd Off etc)  I know this was an issue earlier but I am not sure what the fix is.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Archived