JustAnotherRat

The Getaway - High Speed II

A quick update... DJRobX has spent a good chunk of time working through issues I was having and explaining how to fix things that he hasn't fixed for me. The guy is a champion and a machine.

I still have to find time to get back to this... not sure when at the moment I'll find time but I'll try to shove other things out of the way to make this happen.  Unfortunately some of the work I'd done was to no avail as limitations of the Pin2DMD Editor won't allow the scenes to be displayed as I wanted.

I too really want to get back into this.  What can I do to help?  Would you be willing to share with me the progress you've made thus far as I've pretty much not developed anything since our last waive of communications.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:52 AM, JustAnotherRat said:

Unfortunately some of the work I'd done was to no avail as limitations of the Pin2DMD Editor won't allow the scenes to be displayed as I wanted.

Yeah, when the ROM is dynamically generating content (things like video modes, or in this case, the BURN RUBBER maps) we hit some major roadblocks as it's not practical to try and keyframe and color every possible combination of things the ROM can generate.     For now we have to live with generic palettes or masks for such scenes.   Lucky1 has spoken of an upcoming feature called "L-mask" that is supposed to help with this, allowing us to detect and colorize objects within a scene, but we don't have this yet. 

DJRobX & JustAnotherRat,

Are you willing to share what you have thus far?  My PIN2DMD is installed on a real Getaway pinball machine.  I've been tinkering with my own colorization, but don't want to re-invent the wheel.