Problem with Pin2DMD on DATA EAST

nairolf

Hi,

I have a problem to finish my configuration. My pin2DMD is working but don't show the dmd animation of my TFTC. He stay on PIN2DMD strat screen.

The blue led never link but PIN2DMD was creat on the sd card

I do all I think to do:
- Check the cable  - redstrand need to be near the option and configure button
- Configure the PIN2DMD in DATA EAST mode n
- Configure enhancer option to on and off
- Copy again the .key on sd card to be sure it not corrupt

Any other idea...

Thanks for your help

Florian

Thanks.. I'll do it  without any success... :(

I've test again with 2 other micro sd... same problem

I've test with another shield board.... same problem

I've test with my old stabdard DMD to be sur my DMD card is ok... It's working

I really don't know what I need to do... Sure pin2DMD is working with DATA EAST?

Hi Psmmacker,

in first thanks a lot for your help.

You have the same problem like me? this fix this kind of problem for you? I'm very surprise that GND on display wil be the problem but I hope this can help... :)

BTW, thanks a lot for your help.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, psmmacker said:

try removing gnd on the left panel amd keep the right one cut the gnd bridge on  power cable it cure my duel problem just keep positive the same leaving on gnd

regards

paul

Don´t do that !!! Has absolutly nothing to do with your problem and is, gently speaking, very very experimental

I do exactly same like picture (new conectionunder the shield card and jumping pin without any success... I also try with ehancer mode (with jumper) active and not... no sucess

I really don't understand  what's wrong... i'll take new pictures.

I've put one on my pincab without any problem but I'm really surprise how hard it is to put a pin2DMD on a real pinball... And I buy 3 of them to change my dmd :)

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, nairolf said:

I do exactly same like picture (new conectionunder the shield card and jumping pin without any success... I also try with ehancer mode (with jumper) active and not... no sucess

I really don't understand  what's wrong... i'll take new pictures.

I've put one on my pincab without any problem but I'm really surprise how hard it is to put a pin2DMD on a real pinball... And I buy 3 of them to change my dmd :)

Normally it is absolutely no problem to make it work in a real pinball. There must be some other problem. Did you measure if the connection you now added as a wire to the circuit was already in place to test if it one of the problematic boards ? You could also test Whitestar mode. Maybe you have a replaced display controller in your TFTC. Do you have another pinball machine / discovery board to test with ?

Well I test whitestar mode without success and I test continuity of my new cable and it ok... Do I need to test the connection I added  with another way than continuity?

Just another information. I used  5v direct to the cable of the DMD so I not installed the DC -Dc converter... I've got around 4,89 V  on the boards. Do you think that could be the probleme?

I've test my board shield and what is strange is, for me, the pin1 is conect to pin 1 of my LS123. (on picture pin 1 is conected on pin 2 on LS123)... and pin1 of the LS123 is connect to the other side pin 3 (on picture Pin2 to other side pin 4)

I'm completly lost of what to do.... :(

20171112_011800.jpg

20171112_012524.jpg

20171112_012500.jpg

Archived