Visual pinball stops responding when I exit

Cue777

I can open any version of visual pinball, I have 9, 10.3 ,10.4 beta and open any table, I can then edit the script or do whatever I want within Visual pinball, if I then play the table, when I hit the Q button to exit it gives me the error "Visual pinball has stopped responding click here to close". All of my tables work just fine when loaded and exited thru Pinball X though.

It has been working fine up until I updated my vpinmame to the sam 2.9 version, then this started. Any idea what is causing it?

There is a even newer sam available - you could try that one. I haven't had your problem, but, I've seen crashes on exit. But, that was a long time ago when running a older version of dmdext. It looked like the table was closing normally but, nvram didn't get saved. I've seen a few that has reported this happening not that long time ago when running walking dead. Don't know if they ran the latest either.

I can only tell you that I'm at latest and on 2.5.1 of dmdext and it is working great except for reported bugs.

I tried the 3.0 version and nothing changed. I copied the vpinmame.dll file to my vpinmame folder and then ran setup, it said it installed 3.0. The dll was also blocked which I unblocked, but visual pinball still stops responding no matter what table I open or what version I use.

Whats the purpose of that hack? From the link in your post it seems its for playing videos on the DMD while browsing games in PinballX? Mine isnt setup to do that and I dont have any issues with the DMD or Ultradmd and they both have colors. Seems it may start more issues?

Archived