Attack from mars colorization

14 hours ago, outhere said:

Hit F1 turn off external DMD

yeah for the tables that show the alphanumeric they already have scores on the backboard so all dmd can be turned of not sure if this is for here but i ran into one problem only so far vpinspa that i use for ghostbusters LE only crashes with the external color dmd on any one seen this problem it crashes at start but i can see the dmd is displaying the colors but crashing

• 2 months later...

Guys, any ideas why Lucky's .pal & .vni files cause weird glitches in between transitions? 

I did try vbobrusev's update, which does not glitch, however, there is one row of missing dots off the bottom, which just looks wrong.

All other colorized tables I've tried work for me. I'm just having trouble with this.

Tried Freezy's 1.71 & 1.73  by thw way (both the same result).

The glitch lasts for exactly 2 key frames between SOME (not all) animations/transitions.  It's like there should be a black gap, but isn't if that makes sense? 

Also tried 2 different PC's (Win 7 & Win 10).

3rd 4th - Martion Champion Transition.JPG

• 7 months later...

Hey @vbobrusev - I ended up contacting you via the website and got your files, thanks for that!

I got my pin2dmd today and it's running v3.05 - i dropped in the files provided but a few animations / frames seem a bit strange. 

Forgive me if it's all still being worked out, but I hadn't seen it mentioned. Example below:

1623423580_image0(1).jpeg.7606c756665e5eb3400a29751d9ed353.jpeg

There seems to be a red box over part of the high score 3 & 4 display. Some other frames also seem bugged in similar ways and colours all a bit off.

I am using the home rom for attack from mars, perhaps that is an issue? 

Appreciate all your work and your support :) The parts that seem to be working look incredible.

Hopefully that's something reasonably straightforward to do as most home owners of AFM use the updated home rom - a big reason is it reduces the pop bumper strength which, in nicely waxed games caused quickly broken jets and plastics.

• 3 weeks later...

How stable is Freezy v1.7.3 and where can we find the files? I know there were issues with 1.7.2 and the Pinup system. The files above link to a script but I don't see the .dll and any other files needed to update from 1.7.1. Freezy's GitHub page has files up through v1.7.2.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
On 1/11/2020 at 6:44 AM, pudd1nG said:

Hey @vbobrusev - I ended up contacting you via the website and got your files, thanks for that!

I got my pin2dmd today and it's running v3.05 - i dropped in the files provided but a few animations / frames seem a bit strange. 

Forgive me if it's all still being worked out, but I hadn't seen it mentioned. Example below:

There seems to be a red box over part of the high score 3 & 4 display. Some other frames also seem bugged in similar ways and colours all a bit off.

Appreciate all your work and your support :) The parts that seem to be working look incredible.

Hi

I'm using AFM 1.13 on a real pinball (original Bally pin) with the same files, I believe .  I get the same artifact on the HS table.  It depends on how it's being triggered.  In attract mode if you press the flipper buttons, sometimes it's white only and other times it has the red box as you have shown.  So it's a Mask issue.

In the video  posted at the start of the thread, the game is running 1.0 ROMs  - almost every AFM owner I know is running the version 1.13 ( free play ) or 1.13b (coin play).

As we don't have the source files, only the .fsq and .pal it's not something I would  know how to go in and change.   My understanding is that you need the original Project Files (.xml)_to be able to make changes and generate the new Pin2DMD keyframe and colorisation files.

But hey- the colorisation is pretty good overall.   There's a few scene glitches and things I would change...

It's good enough that I took my ColorDMD out of AFM and put it in my LoTR as there isn't any good Pin2DMD files for that pin.  Probably will be some day- but it still may not be as good as the ColorDMD solution.  imho

• Content Provider

Have also got the text clipping/dull lines on the Game Over and say no to drugs screen, also have the issue with the high scores being white or having the green/red parts over it.

I have sent  vbobrusev some additional pictures of the issues and he said he will look into it. 

It would be great to get an update about the Rom 1.13 version questions as well.

Thanks for your time and work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 1/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, pudd1nG said:

Whats firmware version are you using? on mine Numbers 3 and 4 have four black dots from left side of display. on your looks like 1-2. This is a reason why it's not colorized this scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...