The start of my cab (design process)

theomajigga

Hello all, looking for some criticism and help on my design. Modeled the TV and have been working "backwards" with it. 

will be constructed with .75 MDF or whatever you guys recommend. 

Cab is setup for 25" width to accommodate a widebody lockdown bar. Paddle button holes are @ 34" height.  Tell me what more I need to be worried about :)

Pinball.JPG

Been a while since I built mine. So, the measurements isn't something is fresh in my head. Be warned that changing things like thickness to the material might bite you in the a&/&. When you go out to eg. buy buttons. They have certain length and behind that you want to attach leaf-switches. Buying eg. a ready made kit and you might end up with it not fitting at all.  In general you should try to keep as near as possible to either widebody or standard sizes. That goes for material thickness as well.

I'm building one too...well...somewhat...I bought an old Bally Wulff pinball machine from the 80's that someone had in their basement for like 80 € and putting the screens in the playfield area and in the "Back-glass".
I have the screens hooked up to the computer and laid out on a table for testing....this is the most frustrating part because getting the damn buttons to work, TPA, FUTURE PINBALL, PINBALL FX2 and VPX to work properly  is a real pain in the A**!!!!
I'm trying my best not to give up especially since I've put so much time into it....feels like it's never going to get finished :(

Archived