Addressable leds (MX) NOW AVAILABLE for FP and PFX2 using DOFLinx and DOF Config Tool! Video preview!

TerryRed

• Content Provider

DOFLinx 5.20 is now available!  This release now supports addressable leds for Future Pinball and Pinball FX2!

Here is a video demonstration of the first Future Pinball table to use addressable leds!

It is a day many have been waiting for! Congrats DDH69 on your hard work!

The Future Pinball tables that I have updated so far are coming… I will have them up at some point either today or tomorrow (and then awaiting approval), so please be patient.

We are also assuming that you already have your addressable leds setup and working with DOF and Visual Pinball before trying out DOFLinx MX addressable leds with FP and FX2. 

DOFLinx MX compared to standard DOFLinx

– all Future Pinball tables that I update to support the addressable leds will now be designated with   “DOFLinx MX”, “DOFLinx MX Cabinet”  or  “DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition”.

– to use the DOFLinx MX version of a Future Pinball table, you MUST have DOFLinx 5.20 or higher installed.

– you do not require addressable leds to use a DOFLinx MX version of a Future Pinball table. The regular DOF devices (solenoids, flashers, strobes, beacons, shaker, etc) will work like normal through DOFLinx.

– if you do have addressable leds, then you MUST update your DOF config files (directoutputconfig30.ini) by using DOF Config Tool. This is done the exact same way you would for visual pinball tables.  (Thanks to Arngrim for adding support for FP and FX2 to DOF Config Tool)

– just because a FP or FX2 table is on DOF Config Tool, doesn’t mean its updated to DOFLinx MX yet. We asked Arngim to add alot of tables at once so we wouldn’t have to keep bugging him to add new tables in the future. The FX2 tables will all get updated by DDH69 progressively.  I will update my FP DOFLinx table mods as well. The other tables are tables that will most likely be updated in the future. If there are no DOF commands showing for a table, its not supported yet.

To play a Future Pinball table with addressable leds support (DOFLinx MX):

– update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new DOFLinx.vbs to “Future Pinball \ Scripts”.

– add DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml   (assuming you have it there)  to your DOFLinx.ini

– download the awesomeness of a Future Pinball DOFLinx MX table

– check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (you will see FP tables start with “FP:”) If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

– “Generate” a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your “DirectOutput \ Configs”  folder.

– play the epicness that is Future Pinball and addressable leds!

To play FX2 tables with addressable leds support:

– update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new FX2 config files

– check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (FX2 tables start with  “FX2:”)  If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

– “Generate” a new a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your “DirectOutput \ Configs”  folder.

– play the coolness that is FX2 and addressable leds!

Note about AUTO_MX:

– AUTO_MX is intended to give a temporary solution for MX effects (for tables that aren’t updated yet) until all tables are fully updated to proper DOFLinx MX support.

– if you enable AUTO_MX=1, you will get “Basic” MX effects for ALL Future Pinball tables and FX2 tables that have normal DOFLinx support. Very cool feature. Do keep in mind that this is not the same as having a table with FULL DOFLinx MX support.  These basic effects will all have the same colours used, same effects, same shapes, and won’t have any change in timing, etc.

– take note of new updated tables that come out. In particular FP tables, as they will all be very unique and have lots of custom animated effects. ( at least my mods will….)    ;)

– keep an eye out for updated FP and FX2 tables, as its a big difference compared using tables with AUTO_MX enabled.

DOF Config Tool:

– the great thing about DOF Config Tool is that you can change MX effects to your liking in your own custom config. You won’t have to do anything with the FX2 or FP table that has DOFLinx MX support. Just make sure you use the same triggers.

Bring on the glory of burnt out retinas!!!

Update:

I wanted to create a list of thank-yous for getting us to this point.

DDH69:  for creating the excellent and amazing DOFLinx.   To think it all started with a little program called DOFFX2 that triggered DOF devices with a key. Then some crazy red-head kept pestering you with endless ideas….and here we are about a year later…. look at what you have done! :)

Swisslizard: for the excellent DOF, and the awesome addressable led features, as well as creating some table effects and examples.

Arngrim:  for adding in my suggestions and additions of numbers, letters, and characters to DOF Config Tool, as well as adding in support for FP and PFX2 tables.

randr: for creating an amazing example of addressable leds with his cabinet, and for all the help he provided me with setting mine up.  He also made some awesome MX effects for VP tables for me to learn from and was also instrumental with new ideas for how to use addressable leds.

gech: for also creating some great addressable led effects for VP tables.

…and anyone else who helped me and was involved in bringing addressable leds to virtual pinball.

DOFLinx 5.20 is available here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12318

• Content Provider

Star Wars Death Star Assault (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness the most explosive light show in a pinball cabinet thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

You have never seen a light show quite like this in a pinball cabinet! Amazing effects and animation that surround the playfield!

- Lightsabers,
- explosions
- X-Wing and Tie-Fighter Blasters
- flashing words like SPECIAL, PADAWAN, JEDI, SOLO
- targetting computer
- video mode

A video demonstration in my cabinet can be seen here:

This table has the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button

- Fire button
- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

• Content Provider

Since I haven't really done any FX2 videos for DOFLinx, I think the new release of 5.20 which supports addressable leds makes this a good reason to have a video demonstration.

DOFLinx is part of the complete cabinet experience for Pinball FX2!

-addressable leds

-B2S active backglass

-full DOF feedback and lighting support

Add in freezy's dmdext for virtual DMD (clean round dots) or real DMD support

• Content Provider
Retroflair: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Wipeout: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness a modern light show in a retro theme, thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

These tables have the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button

- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

I also explain how DOFLinx's  new AUTO MX feature works.

• Content Provider
Avatar (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Featuring the most stunning particle effects, explosions, and machine gun blasts never seen before in a pinball cabinet!

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

• 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
  • 5 RGB flashers
  • Blower Fan
  • Shaker
  • Gear motor
  • Strobe
  • Beacon
  • Start button
  • Coin button
  • Launch Ball button
  • RGB under cabinet lighting
  • Addressable Leds

Table will be available once the MX configs are added to DOF Config Tool's public database.

• Content Provider

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

The Grid's most awesome addressable leds make for Light Cycle ramp effects, Light Jet Cannons, Explosions and the coolest de-resolution effects you have ever seen in a real pinball cabinet!

A video demonstration of this table can be seen here in my cabinet:

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
– 5 RGB flashers
– Blower Fan
– Shaker
– Gear motor
– Strobe
– Beacon
– Start button
– Coin button
– Launch Ball button
– RGB Undercab Lighting
– Addressable Leds

• 5 weeks later...

Can someone explain how is doflinx supposed to find the Teensy ? Is it from GlobalConfig ? My addressable leds are not firing in FP or FX2, while my PACLed flashers and solenoids do... My addressable leds works well with VP&DOF.

I have a Teensy with left and right strips as well as a double back string.

cheers,

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, Psmiraglia said:

Can someone explain how is doflinx supposed to find the Teensy ? Is it from GlobalConfig ? My addressable leds are not firing in FP or FX2, while my PACLed flashers and solenoids do... My addressable leds works well with VP&DOF.

I have a Teensy with left and right strips as well as a double back string.

cheers,

Did you follow my instructions?

To play a Future Pinball table with addressable leds support (DOFLinx MX):

– update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new DOFLinx.vbs to “Future Pinball \ Scripts”.

– add DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml   (assuming you have it there)  to your DOFLinx.ini

– download the awesomeness of a Future Pinball DOFLinx MX table

– check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (you will see FP tables start with “FP:”) If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

– “Generate” a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your “DirectOutput \ Configs”  folder.

– play the epicness that is Future Pinball and addressable leds!

A Future Pinball table needs to be updated in order for addressable leds to be supported as well. The example tables I give above will work.

Archived