Ledwiz Configtool Downloader

Zarquon

• Content Provider

I have written a little utility to make it easy for you to download the latest updates for your ledcontrol.ini and ledcontrol.nofeedback.ini files.

To install and configure:

1. Extract the attached Zip to the location you wish to run it in.  I put mine in my HyperPin directory but it does not matter.

2. Edit the ledcontrol_pull.bat file
    Enter in Values for Username, Password and your Visual Pinball Tables directory (this is where the ledcontrol files will be stored)

3. Run ledcontrol_pull.bat.  

Note: You may want to add it to you HyperPin settings.ini's Startup Program section.

Update:

1.1 - Improved login/session recognition

2.0 - Now using the new APIs (Note you need to overwrite both files and add your API Key (and possibly your VP Tables path) to the .BAT file. 

ledcontrol_pull.1.1.zip

ledcontrol_pull.2.0.zip

• Content Provider

It isn't not a service that polls on a periodic basis.  It just runs and moves the files to the designated location when run.  If you want it to run on a schedule you can do it through windows scheduler but I would either run it remotely or have it launch as part of the startup sequence through the HyperPin settings.ini

• Content Provider
Ah, no, that's perfect, I'd rather not have a service that runs automatically. :)

:) Me too.  I actually run mine from my normal workstation with it installing the files to a share on my cab.  That way I can control when I run it.

• Content Provider

You still set the "PWM Flashers" On or Off under the Port Assignments Tab and all this does is download the file same as clicking the "Generate Config" button and then in extracts it to the correct location for you.

I hope I understood the question correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Hi Zarquon,

I use your downloader tool every day to perform my tests and upgrades, can't work without it, thanks a lot :)

I have one issue though, when both files already exists, and i use the pull.bat, they are no overriden, I need to delete them in order to receive new and updated files.

I am on Win7 64 bits, could you have a look?

Hi Denis,

I'm sorry but I don't have your problem.

I use W7 64 bit.

I'm now on version 477 of ledcontrol.ini.

I have tested it with some older files (version 217 which I have in a backup) and they were overwritten.

When the current ledcontrol.ini and the version on the web are the same, nothing happens.

Are your files perhaps read-only?

482 to be precise.

Can it be something with the zip file?

It has to be downloaded and unzipped. The directory where that is taking place, write protect, read only etc etc?

• Content Provider

483 is following :)

what is interesting, i created a file ledcontrol.ini manually and it is overriden, if i modify a file created by zarquon bat, this one is not overriden

• Content Provider

Yeah i am testing a lot, if you see on history tab, half of the updates are made by me and the other half by bent ;)

Ok i have found my issue, i execute the bat from a second pc to a shared network folder in my cab, so the windows user is not the same.

If i execute this bat file always from my cab, the files can be overriden ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, 

and also from me a BIG THX for this nice Downloader.

never saw it before till today when it´s mentioned in the DOF2 thread.

Tested it directly after updating to DOF2 and it works great and really saves a lot of time as i don´t have to do it with teamviewer anymore :)

greetz dup3d

Archived