Dmdext not recognising pin2dmd

Jodannar

My pin2dmd works with all other applications (vp,pinballx) but recently it no longer works with freezys dmdext. I can run the dmdext test and it can not find the device. If I specify a comport, as if it was a pindmd3 device it works correctly through dmdext. What can be causing this? My dmdext config is set to look for a pin2dmd device but it can't find it successfully.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By default, I thought that pin2dmd didn't need a COM= setting, since the config files from dmd-ext doesn't contain that line for the pin2dmd entry. 

As a pin2dmd users, you are running lucky1' dmddevice.dll aren't you ? That is at least what I've understood the current recommended setup.

Obviously, since I don't own a pin2dmd myself, I haven't really followed all that has been said about this device.

Yep. It shouldn't need a com port to work with dmdext, but that's the only way it will for me now for some reason. Works normally in vp and pinballx, just won't work in test mode it's dmdext for pinball fx2 for me now.

Did you copy my setup ? If so, then you are running Freezy's dmddevice in vpinmame folder. If you are, then renamed that to something, and replace it with either a new dmddevice.dll from lucky1 or you could also pick one of the older ones from xdmd or pinballx folder.

I'll have to replace my dmdext.dll again with freezes in vpinmame and see what happens. I'm sure this must have started at some pt when I eat playing around with Simpsons colourises tom display that didn't work with freezes dll and I never noticed as pinballfx doesn't get launched oft e

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue trying to set up my pin2dmd for pinball fx2/3. I have lucky1's dlls running for VPX and my pin2dmd is working great, but now that I am trying to get it working in pinballfx I get to the test portion and it loads the virtual dmd but says there is no pin2dmd. Where are you supposed to put the contents of the freezys zip? I have them in C:\DMDext. 

• 5 months later...

I've upgraded my pin2dmd from 2.41 to 2.55 and now dmdext doesn't work anymore.

I've tried to downgrade to 2.41 but same issue. I use the last dmddevice.dll and I paste it in every folder...

Any idea of what happen?

auto: doesn't find it / forced: found

not found.PNG

found.PNG

Aaaannnnd yes it was!

I've de-installed STM32 ST-LINK Utility v4.2.0 and re-installed the previous version, 4.1.0

I've flashed the ST card Firmware to the old  V2.J28.M18 (replacing the new V2.J29.M18)

open cmd, c:\DMDEXT\dmdext test and boom!!! works, get the image displayed on the pin2dmd. pin2dmd is now found automatically.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Hey all,

I have this working with pinaball fx3 without issue, but whenever I try to run a pinball fx2 table using the same command for dmdext i receive Pinball FX2 process found (pid 7032_ but dmd not. No game running? My pin2dmd screen is black, again works great on pinball fx3.

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived