• Content Provider

The Cow is in my actual pin Im on 2.05 I'll check to see if its in 2.08

With the way frame triggering works I can do 2 releases, one that says Multiball and one that says Tri-ball you'll just need to pick the one you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

got the roms from IBjeepin (THANKS!)

but then my launch coil bracket broke, so I fixed that and now my right flipper locks on and blows the fuse, so I have a short somewhere.

Here are the files, but they should work for multiball and triball but I havent tested anything on 2.08 yet

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cWp45XToh2aVIxUWJZX0FwOUk

4 hours ago, malenko said:

but then my launch coil bracket broke, so I fixed that and now my right flipper locks on and blows the fuse, so I have a short somewhere.

Hi Malenko

My right flipper did the same thing, when I bought the machine. I found the short, (coil lugs had been pushed together), but this had fried the transistor on the flipper driver board. Replaced that an all was well. I have spares if you would like one (as they are so cheap it just made sense to order 10). 

Also I've read the right flipper switch can physically touch the launch coil or mechanism and cause problems too. 

Awaiting my Pin2DMD from Rappelbox and I'll test it out. 

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider

had my boards repaired, the power supply was wonky and the flipper board needed fixing too. Got everything back and the game is rockin and rollin. I even added an aftermarket police light to the top to replace the missing factory one.
And with perfect timing Lucky has the files sorted so now I can put my last Pin2DMD inside! 

• Content Provider

Hi,

First off, thanks for the hard work, looks great.

I am trying to install this in my vpin, it's been awhile since I installed one of these, I think I am doing it all correct, but the colours are WAY off.

I copied the pin2dmd_v.pal and pin2dmd_v.vni files, renamed both to pin2dmd and placed them in altcolor\lw3_208. Then ticked colorize DMD in the game options.

Just seems like a problem with the color pallet, not even close. I tried the other pin2dmd.pal file, but it just makes vpinmame crash, I assume its for the real pin install.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Wob

• Content Provider
Working in my vpin with pin2dmd and dmddevice.dll from my github repo. 
Both the latest version
Maybe I need to update my firmware? I'm a couple of updates behind.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is this supposed to work in a vpin with Freezy's DLL and no pin2dmd (LCD monitor is the DMD)? 

Doesn't matter to much as my pin2dmd is finally in the US! Apparently they tried to deliver it today, but I needed to sign and I didn't hear the doorbell. Picking it up tomorrow and will be installing it in a real LW3.

Lucky1, what's the turn around time on activation? Is there a good time to reach out to you?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, cabuford said:

Is this supposed to work in a vpin with Freezy's DLL and no pin2dmd (LCD monitor is the DMD)? 

Doesn't matter to much as my pin2dmd is finally in the US! Apparently they tried to deliver it today, but I needed to sign and I didn't hear the doorbell. Picking it up tomorrow and will be installing it in a real LW3.

Lucky1, what's the turn around time on activation? Is there a good time to reach out to you?

Freezy´s DLL currently does not support the latest colorization methods.

The official turnaround time is 24 hours which means you should not send me additional mails within that time.
The Paypal notification with the forum name, user name and device number displayed after the trial period is enough.

Normally you get  the key within a few hours . I check at least 3 times a day.

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Freezy´s DLL currently does not support the latest colorization methods.

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

The official turnaround time is 24 hours which means you should not send me additional mails within that time.
The Paypal notification with the forum name, user name and device number displayed after the trial period is enough.

Normally you get  the key within a few hours . I check at least 3 times a day.

And thanks again! Will be donating when I pick it up in a few hours. 

Chris

• Content Provider

Just to update, I moved my firmware from 2.39 to 2.55, and pin2dmd exe to 2.53 (Both latest at the moment) and the colours are now displaying as expected.

Thanks,

Wob

Hi and great work youve done !!!! Im trying to get this going on my vpin .. latest firmware etc ... i put the pin2dmd.pal in altcolor...do i have something else tp do like patch the rom as its not wprking correctly...many thanks

EDIT... ok so i looked at the t2 thread and correct me if im wrong but i have to put the.vni in the rom folder in altcolor also..

EDIT BIS ...All is working great :) thanks for all the hard work put into these.

54 minutes ago, malenko said:

Welp I know I'm missing 1 scene, the "coming soon, Tales from the Crypt" , so I'll bug lucky about snagging it for me so I can update the files =) 

Interesting and I think it looks great already! (see video from virtual below) Did it just use a preloaded palette then? 

Are you using this in a real machine too? 

Here are some videos I took. Sometimes my real DMD lags (it did this with the plasma) so I'm going to swap DMD driver cards before I create colorization dumps. 

The first issue I notice, is that the high scores look like they start with the right palette, but when the motion stops, that palette disappears. I've attached some still images as well as each video features it. 

There are a few other sections (end of the flipper "fight" instructions, the gun cocking in the middle of the match sequence) where I notice the palettes change as well. I'll work on getting good video as well as Pin2Dmd dumps for troubleshoot. 

Still a million times better than an orange plasma! Malenko I hope you got my donation. 

RealScore.jpg

VirtualScore.jpg

• Content Provider

those are palette jumps :) Unless lucky colored that scene for me. I'll look into the scoring snafu, should be an easy fix. Using in a real machine. 

I did get your donation Chris, and I appreciate it. Glad you are enjoying the colorization!