SAMBuild3.0 beta thread

CarnyPriest

5 hours ago, Thalamus said:

It is working here. However the dmd was pushed behind the backglass.

same here..... had to install the table since I've never played it before.  The VPX version.... having to alt-tab to get the DMD screen to show on top of the b2s backglass.

Not sure how much I'll play this due to the need for a joystick.

Update - when launching from PinballX, everything is good to go.  Keep in mind I had to set the rom properly, and then move and resize the screen.  I've played multiple games without issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

official rev 4381
Set Transformers to 12-port aux board to enable LE solenoids [DJRobX]

For those keeping track, the A.G. Football rom sets recently added to the source are full clones of A.G. Soccer-Ball. Tables sold to the Europe market had different artwork but used the same game code. Just copy the following and rename if you need to run these:

agsoccer.zip = agfootbl.zip

agsocc07.zip = agfoot07.zip

SAMBuild_r4381.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
17 hours ago, Manfredos said:

The  SAMBuild_r4381.zip shows virus warning.  Has someone else the same problem? 

Forget those warnings. Deinstall your antivirusprogram, it's like snakeoil. All these programs are sh.... :P

You only need a working brain. But if you absolutely need something, take the windows defender. That's enough.

And by the way: there's NO virus in the file. :D

5 hours ago, Joey2001 said:

Forget those warnings. Deinstall your antivirusprogram, it's like snakeoil. All these programs are sh.... :P

You only need a working brain. But if you absolutely need something, take the windows defender. That's enough.

And by the way: there's NO virus in the file. :D

Ha, I have windows defender and he detects the virus.:o

Uploaded it to Virustotal and it says 0/60 no virus inside.

So I think it is save.

• Content Provider
Ha, I have windows defender and he detects the virus.[emoji33]
Uploaded it to Virustotal and it says 0/60 no virus inside.
So I think it is save.

I test it with defender and there was no warning. I'm on Windows 10.

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The short version :

You should run the setup.exe if you update the pinmame.dll from this site.  From time to time the official pinmame is updated - that one is currently released without SAM support, You need to update that software, then head over here for a new adrenaline injection. ;) SAM is a brand of pinball CPU/Board that Stern doesn't use any more. Currently they use the cheaper to produce SPIKE which we don't have emulation for.

This is also why you don't see tables like Ghostbusters ( except JP's scripted solution ) and Game of Thrones out there.

You may see problem with SAM emulation getting fixed without anything happening to the official. Lately it has often been DjRobX that has fixed or added new features to the code and Carney could maybe best be described as the gatekeeper ?! ;) If the official pinmame gets support for new roms, he makes sure that SAM is recompiled with this support included. Speaking of roms, Carney also sees to that  VPU always stays updated with the latest or correct(ed) roms. 

--- THANK YOU @CarnyPriest !!!! ---

Here as over at VPF, you'll find a stable and a beta branch. You may need beta to get all the tables provided out there working, but, once you take that step, be prepared for instability and weirdness. That is why it is called just that - beta. 10.3 is the latest "stable" VPX. But, to be honest 10.4 beta is more stable than 10.3 ever was :)

Think of it like this. Without pinmame, the heart. The rest of the body would not function ( Visual Pinball with all its current and previous versions )

That's kind the short version :) 

On 12/1/2017 at 2:23 PM, CarnyPriest said:

Carny,

TWD v 1.60 PRO works great with the STERN ROM and rev 4395 but a pinball browser modified 1.60 with show voices crashes vpinmame. This same guy (cleland) added show voices to version 1.56 TWD PRO rom and it works fine in rev 4395. Can you try it please? The show voices add so much to the game. Here is the modified ROM.

Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nrvmknade6etai/TWD160_CLELAND_R.BIN?dl=0

official rev 4395
Added The Walking Dead V1.60.0 Pro and LE 

• Content Provider

I can't test fully. My cab is down. VPM test loads the modified game code successfully, though. Be sure to enable Ignore ROM CRC errors. Bin file length must be 96,994,376. If your file length is over or under then re-download. If you continue to have trouble then re-download, reboot, validate checksum with Cleland.

Thanks for the reply Carny, I got TWD 1.60 PRO modified working. I had to change the bin name to twd_160.bin and zip the file twd_160.zip

Sorry for the bother! you rock for keeping us updated!!!!

I also verified the modified LE/PREMIUM code works great on my cab.

If you have a Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nrvmknade6etai/TWD160_CLELAND_R.BIN?dl=0

If you have an LE/Premium
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frsafcja1r9wd2a/TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN?dl=0

• Content Provider
13 minutes ago, jesperpark said:

Now we just need @arngrim to update the DOF tool to 1.60 so we can have feedback :D  no hurry

That said is there really any issues by renaming the 1.60 rom to 1.56 for now?  Can't think of any

Thanks for the updated sounds @luvthatapex

Nope.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Thalamus said:

I was sure you're cab was up and running again by now Carny !! Still that monitor ??

Yes, but also busy with RL issues and also it will take a lot of work to get my office arranged in a way that I can pull my cab apart and work on hardware. 

I'm a weirdo and I enjoy tinkering with software, staying up on the news, and working with the graphics apps as much as I do playing. 

Archived