SAMBuild3.0 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

Latest SAMBuild for the version 3.0 cycle can be found in this post. 

The package includes the latest external DMD dlls if there has been a recent update. Or else find the external DMD dlls with the beta thread for the official VPinMAME build here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

OR

at lucky1's GitHub repository for Pin2DMD here:

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame 

Copy the files into your VPM directory, and run setup.exe again. There, press the install button (with each new build) and remember to setup the defaults again!

In case you have an external DMD connected that you want to use with VPM, please move the dlls from the respective subdirectory (Pin2DMD or PinDMD1 or PinDMD2 or PinDMD3) directly into your VPM directory!

v3.0 beta cycle is complete. Download SAMbuild here:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the ongoing work Carny and djrob. 

Questions with regards to the Metallica table ball locks, there was talk it was a pinmame issue, was that resolved or confirmed?  Slider mentioned an older version worked but 2.9 does nor now.  Posting here since more pinmame related 

@jesperpark

I looked through there, there is some commentary about the coffin lock.  I know there is an old version of VPM where this was broken, but I think it was fixed a while ago.    I played the 3 different versions of Metallica LE that I have with the "latest" and they all worked fine.

@DJRobX I believe it is more a question on that it has become less sensetive. Or should I say - loosing clear hits. Maybe Sliderpoint should butt in here and explain. Not long time ago he said that it wasn't working as expected and pointed us to a older pinmame release.  I'm no expert on this subject. I, like you, find that it is working.

ref. http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/metallica-premium-monsters-stern-2013-bry_4k/page/3/#post-58171

Yeah on mine it is plenty sensitive. If i get anywhere near it, it sucks the ball down.

Mike's post is from April 2017 when the bug was in place.  It looks like I introduced the bug on April 2nd, and Carny fixed it May 24.

Depends on level of compatibility. GTS3 lag isn't fixed yet. I was hoping to see him working on a fix for that. But, I expect that it is delayed because Lucky1 is on holiday. Maybe we get a official status update from him since you asked and I'm guessing.

I don't think there have been any changes recently that would negatively impact Freezy's DLL.  I use his DLL myself, so my cab would break badly if that was messed up.    There is a change that hopefully improves the stability a bit with some SAM games when his DLL is in use (fixed some intermittent TWD color crashing on my cab).

So I am having a hell of a time with colored roms. I have a handful working and others that fail. Ie metallica. Stock 1.70 rom is great but with the colorpatch kust fails. Is this due to me being 2.9 or something else.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If you had done stuff to try and troubleshoot the crashing, you may need to undo those things.   Double check that Use External DLL is turned on for the color ROM in the VPinMame Setup, test, game options menu for Metallica LE color.  Also make sure the Pin2DMD.PAL file is in the correct place in the altcolor folder. .

Hmm. That is a good point. I know I have at least 3 tables where I couldn't get them to run stable without disabling at91jit. Guess it is time for trying to revert those to see the outcome. Believe it is TWD, Metallica and I'm sure Avatar is currently running with this setting disabled. I'm playing a bit around with Avatar, opening and adjusting it often. Without at91jit. If I open the table, change the smallest thing and start it will crash every time. Not the case with it disabled.

I'm fighting my pindmd3 with xdmd currently. I don't think I could tell you what I have and haven't done at this point I have tried every suggestion I have found buried in forums. I even did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and I'm still struggling

I can tell you that Family Guy is definitely working because that's what a my favorite tables recently for some odd reason but I get crashing with multiple builds of Metallica ROMs and I never get matching checksums

• Content Provider

You will never have matching checksums for patched roms. There is no such thing as an "official patch". That's why you must enable Ignore CRC Rom errors in the game settings. These "colored" entries in the source exist to enable loading of any sort of patched rom that makes use of Pinball Browser/SmartDMD's side channel loading feature that can cram more color data into the code. File sizes for these games are larger than the size of the unmodified game code so these entries had to be added to the source in order to bypass the usual VPM file size checks. It's on the to-do list to fix this one of these days, but that's more of a cataloging issue than one of function.

Yeah, no one has reported any problems with the FG patch on any of the display systems. It's really good. POTC and Shrek apparently used some other form of colorization, and both are currently fully supported only via Pin2DMD hardware. Same with the recent colorization projects that used the Pin2DMD editor.

I do feel bad for the PinDMD3 people. Seems like the support turned out to be vaporware. @roar is one who went ahead and made the switch and converted from PinDMD3 to Pin2DMD. You have the panels. You just need the Discovery board and a shield. What is that? $40 or $45? Then you can run everything.

Archived