PIN2DMD startup animation - any creative ideas

• Content Provider

Since version V2.39 pin2dmd supports automatic playback of a startup animation. You just need to place a boot.fsq 
on your SD card which can be created using pin2dmd editor. Best source is a animated gif file which can be imported 
into the editor. Are there any artists here which can create a nice startup animation for testing ? I think that can easily be done using adobe after effects but I have no idea how to use it.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You can adjust the delay of each frame in the editor

Hmm... Do you mean the field "Delay" at the bottomn of the screen? I tried to enter numbers, but they do not stick to the frames. Number alsways goes back to 0. Also, is there a way to set the delay for a number of frames at once, or do I have to set the delay for every single frame manually?

• Content Provider

I think the RGB Sequence on your pin2dmd is not correct. You can adjust this in the onscreen menu.
The VGA colors on the startup screen needs to match the logo on pin2dmd.com (red left and yellow,white on the right)

• Content Provider

I´m not talking about the palette but about the RGB sequence. There are panels that have different pin mappings like RGB,GRB etc. You have to let the software know which panels you use otherwise colors of the palettes are wrong.

Archived