I made a custom explosion for the shipb today. It's exploding from the middle and it's actually also falling to pieces. Looks nice but is still a work in progress.

I found 11 different positions and they all trigger the same scene as of now.

Also made some transitions working which are a pita because this games animations seem to be random in a lot of places. Super annoying. 

• Content Provider

I wont be mad at any improvements :)

This is why I release the source files, so people can poke around and change stuff without having to start over from scratch. T2 was the second game I did so there's probably a ton of crap just band-aided together because I didn't know any better. I do remember there being at least 7 explosion first frames so it sounds like your on the right track. I'd love it if you posted your source code changes when you're done.

I had also planned to do a bunch of custom animations, but I tried to keep everything as stock as possible because when I did SF2, I replaced pretty much every single animation. I knew with SF2 no one would dislike replacing those aweful dots, but when it came to T2 I figured some people would prefer the factory stuff colored instead of replaced.

31 minutes ago, malenko said:

I wont be mad at any improvements :)

This is why I release the source files, so people can poke around and change stuff without having to start over from scratch. T2 was the second game I did so there's probably a ton of crap just band-aided together because I didn't know any better. I do remember there being at least 7 explosion first frames so it sounds like your on the right track. I'd love it if you posted your source code changes when you're done.

I had also planned to do a bunch of custom animations, but I tried to keep everything as stock as possible because when I did SF2, I replaced pretty much every single animation. I knew with SF2 no one would dislike replacing those aweful dots, but when it came to T2 I figured some people would prefer the factory stuff colored instead of replaced.

Of course I will post it. There is some stuff that you did that makes me scratch my head but I'm also still learning. Thank you so much for your work.

I hope you will like what I'm doing. I don't think the original work on this was so great, but it was the first dmd so I'll give them a break. 

I still hope we both can figure out the video mode

It's all in the detail. 

Today I recorded many many many frames for the Database, Bonus Held animation, made the super jackpot finally work and somehow introduced other problems that make me scrath my head. What was supposed to be a bit of tinkering is now already at least 70 hours of work. 
I don't even color that much, it's basically all finding the correct keyframes for a thousand possibilities. 

• 7 months later...
  • Content Provider
3 hours ago, malenko said:

Anyone wanna beta test my new files?

They are back from May: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Logz-tz-1Y_7M5S1M37oGH1x-_kerrbb

Sure, what are we looking for in particular?

Edit: Just tried them and the title screen is all yellow and weird. I think I had issues with the previous one as well so maybe I have a different version than what it is based off. Endprodukts version works ok for me though. I am using version L8 for the game rom.

I just took a quick video and will pm you the link.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, Terranigma said:

Sure, what are we looking for in particular?

Edit: Just tried them and the title screen is all yellow and weird. I think I had issues with the previous one as well so maybe I have a different version than what it is based off. Endprodukts version works ok for me though. I am using version L8 for the game rom.

I just took a quick video and will pm you the link.

I uploaded the wrong files, try now please

• Content Provider

I will have a quick check now for you. 

Edit: Ok I have loaded it up and the yellow title screen issue is fixed but I am getting some weird stuff happening much the same as your previous released version. It is similar in a way to what I was experiencing with the LAH colour file which turned out to be the display rom it was built on was different to mine.

I read back that you had the profanity roms, do you still have those ones? I downloaded the profanity rom set and the L8 and the U6 in the profanity looks to be a different file size. 

I can send you a new video later when I am free.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i'm using the color files for my T2 L-8 ROM and have some weird Bugs. Can anyone confirm, that the files work with the L-8 Rom? Do I need another ROM that the Colorisazion will work properly?

Edited by Southman

• 1 year later...
  • Content Provider
11 hours ago, TheUnderdog72 said:

Hi,

I would like to work on the files a bit further and expand on the work by Malenko and Endprodukt. However the source files from Endprodukt are not available online?

Anybody can help?

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Logz-tz-1Y_7M5S1M37oGH1x-_kerrbb?usp=drive_link

• Content Provider
On 10/7/2023 at 7:21 PM, TheUnderdog72 said:

Thanks. I found those, but they are the latest from Malenko and miss the update that Endprodukt had done. But no worries, I started working with these.

Endprodukt did not release his source with the colour files from what I remember. Should be more than enough in the link lucky1 provided to work on it though.