Bumpers With No Feedback

lizard

I have come across a couple of tables that i can't seem to figure out how to get the bumpers to have feedback. Party zone is one, everything has feedback except the bumbers. If i go into the solenoid test via the dmd menu the bumpers are solenoids 11,12,13 and when i test a solenoid the feedback works as it should.

When in the game the bumpers do not have feedback. While i can copy and paste script well I dont fully understand it. I have checked some tables that have working bumpers but not really knowing what i am looking at i didnt find the answer.

I guess i need to tie the solenoids to the script is there a tutorial or info that can set me in the right direction.

Cheers

• Content Provider
I have come across a couple of tables that i can't seem to figure out how to get the bumpers to have feedback. Party zone is one, everything has feedback except the bumbers. If i go into the solenoid test via the dmd menu the bumpers are solenoids 11,12,13 and when i test a solenoid the feedback works as it should.

When in the game the bumpers do not have feedback. While i can copy and paste script well I dont fully understand it. I have checked some tables that have working bumpers but not really knowing what i am looking at i didnt find the answer.

I guess i need to tie the solenoids to the script is there a tutorial or info that can set me in the right direction.

Cheers

Probably because the wrong switches are activated at the Bumper_Hit events.

For Bumper1 the switch number in this line,

Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 35:PlaySound "bumper1":bump1 = 1:Bumper1.TimerEnabled = 1:End Sub

should be changed fro 35 to 43.

Then replace 36 to 44 for Bumper2 and 37 to 45 for Bumper3

Lizard did you make changes to the table or the config?

I made the changes to the table it worked great for party zone. The next one i am having trouble with is time machine but all the switch numbers seem to be correct by the manual for the bumpers and slingshots. I cant see through the test menu where to fire the solenoids so i am unsure if they are correct in the config. The config shows the solenoids as S-1 i have tried changing to S1 with no change not sure what the - means as its the only table in my config that has entrys like that. 

• Content Provider

Do me a favor, Start a new thread and post your changes to table and give the table version.

Also, please try Banzai Run and Black Knight 2000. Pop Bumpers dont work on those.

Tried Banzai Run and Black Knight 2000 both i have no idea on why the bumpers have no feedback. The only one i have had success with so far is Party Zone following what Rosve said, the others seem to have the right switches allready. Black Knight feedback works through the test menu but not in the game the same as party zone was but the switch numbers allready match the manual.

I will start a new thread when i have had success with a table and have something new to add.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I fixed Black Knight 2000 and will do the same with Banzi Run. Black Knight 2000 and I assume same for B-run had their own separate board that controlled bumpers so they are not rom controlled.

But Phatom of the Opera is another story but i added the code for that and if you download Rob B's newest mod the code is in there so use that in conjunction with the latest ledcontrol.ini

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.php/topic/386-led-toolbox-forcefeedback-config-for-em-and-old-ss-tables-updated/

Archived