roar

Any advice on how to convert a pinDMD3 to a pin2dmd?

8 posts in this topic

Without dwelling on the why I would curious to know if anyone would have any advice on what parts I would need to purchase and how I would go about converting my pinDMD3 to a pin2dmd? I hope my led panels and the housing they live in would be reusable.

Panels and frame should be reusable. Could you send be a photo of the controller on the back of the panels?

Basically you only need a stm32f4 discovery board and a breakoutboard. Both at my shop in the footer below ;)

Greetings,
Dom

Thanks Dom!

I'm guessing the the breakoutboard is the 'shield' that  I have now read more about on the pin2dmd website. I found this picture online of the pinDMD3 controller.

img_1615.jpg

Here is a pic of the stm discovery board and the pin2dmd shield. This would replace the pindmd3 board. You wpile also need a 16pin hub75 cable to connect the board to the dmd

rev 3.2a GO-DMD set.jpg

Thanks @gtxjoe, there is a 16pin cable under the pinDMD3 that I suspect I could use. I took a picture of it the controller removed.

35227806012_4fb8e5f1e9_h.jpg

Looks like @unclesash sells the shield and the discovery board at a reasonable price all flashed and ready to go so that may be the easiest route, need to check his shipping costs to Canada.

Yes. You can use the pindmd3 panels with Pin2DMD.
Send me a PM and we arrange something to test it out!