PROC & UltraDMD on Pin2DMD?

Dazz

• Administrators

I thought that I read somewhere that we can get the PROC and UltraDMD displays to output to Pin2DMD.  I currently have these working and displaying on my backglass LCD.  Anyone happen to have instructions/tutorial on getting these to display on Pin2DMD?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

So P-ROC on the pin2dmd is pretty straight forward though things don't look as crisp as the did on the pindmd3 with the same settings. I haven't sorted out how to get pin2md working with UltraDMD yet. I tried swapping the XDMD.DLL in the ultradmd director with the one from @lucky1 github as well as the XDMD everywhere else that I can find it but I haven't quite figured out how to get UltraDMD working.

• Content Provider

you also need to place dmddevice.dll into the same directory. The crispyness may come from the pindmd3 having a higher brightness level as default.

We tried to keep it as low as possible to reduce playfield glass reflections.

10 hours ago, lucky1 said:

you also need to place dmddevice.dll into the same directory. The crispyness may come from the pindmd3 having a higher brightness level as default.

We tried to keep it as low as possible to reduce playfield glass reflections.

Cool... I'll add the dmddevice.dll and give it another go, thanks. I'll try and take some pictures of the difference I'm seeing... it isn't looking like a brightness difference.

Edit: Added the dmddevice.dll to the ultradmd directory and I am off the races playing Stranger Things, Diablo and Champions League Soccer! Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi everbody !

Any chance to have some improvement for video playing (Ultra DMD) on PIN2DMD, because I have a very low brightness level , but the videos of Stranger Things or Diablo still washed over, every color seems to be White with a lit bit of color. Black is the only correct "color" (pixel on state off).

I think, there is a technology limitation but maybe by there is a post-treatment to aply on the video to improve the rendering on DMD...

If somebody has a good rendering (or think he has) on his  PIN2DMD with stranger things or diablo, could he share a little demonstration video here  ?

Thx ;)

Archived