Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bha191

binary diff/patch utility help

A while back I was able to patch some files here. Since then I have lost the program to do this, I am running Windows 10 and have downloaded bsdiff.exe and bspatch.exe since I can't find the program initially listed here http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff/. It seems the windows link does not work for me on this site. When I try to run bsdiff or bspatch the program does not load it just executes and then shuts off. What can I do now?

it did not. When I hit bs patch or bsdiff it does not load.

Do you recall that bspatch is a program that requires you to open a Command Prompt and type in the command from the ReadMe included with the patch?

My question is when I hit bspatch should a command prompt window come up because nothing happens but the program opening and closing.

2 hours ago, bha191 said:

My question is when I hit bspatch should a command prompt window come up because nothing happens but the program opening and closing.

Yes, that is what will happen if you double click the bspatch.exe file. That would be the same as executing the program without telling it what the input and output file names are as documented in the ReadMe for the patch. The program will stop executing and immediately close.

You will need to copy the unmodified game code to the same folder where you have bspatch.exe (Ex. C:\bspatch)

You will need to open a Command Prompt. 

On the command line, type cd followed by the path and folder name where you have bspatch.exe (Ex. cd C\bspatch) then click Enter

From there, follow the instructions in the ReadMe