Pin2dmd not supported in newer vpm builds

• Content Provider

Trying not to be too annoyed by this... I never paid to get the colorprism fw so I'm still on the last open source build I was able to grab. I'm updating my cab so grabbed the newest vpm which seems to have modular dlls for the various DMD options. Using the pin2dmd dll it gives me an error that my firmware version is not supported and asks me to upgrade. Anyways what are my options here to get this to work? Use an old vpm? Pay up? Throw the damn thing away and go back to using an LCD? Or is there another way to get the DMD to work with the latest vpm

orca-image-1495152645824.jpg_1495152646324.jpeg

• Content Provider

You already found the way. Using the open source pindmd2 dmddevice.dll has exactly the same functionality as the old code with integrated drivers. Flickering is always a combination of using a newer version of vpinmame.dll and a older version of dmddevice.dll. Btw. members like you and Carny etc, who actively contribute to the vpin community and don´t want to donate, get a key for their device for free.

• Content Provider

I didn't think there was much change between 2.9 beta and 2.8 but I noticed something about updates if the files were included, so tried out 2.8 and sure enough that fixed it. Obviously, selecting the pin2dmd dll still gives the error but pindmd2 support worked at least. Still not ideal, and I see everyone having fun with the new palettes...

sent you my device ID

• Content Provider
On 5/19/2017 at 0:10 AM, lucky1 said:

You already found the way. Using the open source pindmd2 dmddevice.dll has exactly the same functionality as the old code with integrated drivers. Flickering is always a combination of using a newer version of vpinmame.dll and a older version of dmddevice.dll. Btw. members like you and Carny etc, who actively contribute to the vpin community and don´t want to donate, get a key for their device for free.

Wow! Thank you!

But I don't mind donating for a good cause:

I've had my device in a storage box since before all this came about. Just need to dig it out at some point and fetch the machine ID.

Archived