Tutorial: How To Setup Dwjukebox In Hyerpin Via Fplaunch

bent98

• Content Provider

Rev 1.0   2/26/2013

First want to give a very big Thank YOU to Blur and all the users who have added code to FPlaunch.

I Figured I would create a tutorial thread that clears up the confusion about setting up various new features of FPlaunch. Since many users were having issues or confused about setting up this color feature I figured why not start with this first.

How to set up Pinjukebox

1) Create a table in your VP tables folder called jukebox.vpt and it’s very important to delete the script info from the table so its completely empty.

2) Add Jukebox to vp hyperpin XML (listed below)

<game name="jukebox">
<description>jukebox</description>
<manufacturer>dwjukebox</manufacturer>
<year>2013</year>
<type>SS</type>
</game>

I put a "1" infront of the word jukebox so it appears at the very beginning of the Hyperpin wheel. Its merly a suggestion and ofcoruse you can leave it as is but for testing you may want to as its a pain to scroll all the way to letter "J" everytime you test.

3) Download a copy of dwjukebox and configure Video, controller, screen resolution

http://dwjukebox.com/download/

Put file in a folder called “dwjukebox” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.

Config Jukebox.ini with following settings: (You can of course config anything else you want but these are the bare minimums you should change)

MonitorAspectRatio = STRETCH

Mouse = Disabled

SongPath1 = set this to where ever you want to put you mp3’s for example c:\mp3

gfx_card = GDIB

Make sure gfx_card is not commented out with a # symbol otherwise it will not read

Now its time to edit the controls.ini

Open controls.ini in notepad and delete everything after KEY_CAPSLOCK = BTN_PLAYSTIMULATOR

Also make sure you change these keys. You have to edit this to your own keyboard settings as mine maybe different but you get the idea. Its setup to have left and right is controlled by flippers, up and down by nudge keys, and select by the launch button. My esc key is mappedto “e” so change that aswell otherwise fplaunch wont work.

KEY_E = BTN_SHUTDOWN Exit
KEY_Z = BTN_GUI_UP left nudge up arrow
KEY_SLASH = BTN_GUI_DOWN right nudge down arrow
KEY_LSHIFT = BTN_GUI_LEFT left flipper left arrow
KEY_RSHIFT = BTN_GUI_RIGHT right flipper right arrow
KEY_ENTER = BTN_GUI_SELECT launch button select

4) Download ledblinky and configure

http://dndw.com/ledblinky/Download.htm

Put file in a folder called “ledblinky” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.

1. Its important you buy and register your version of ledwiz otherwise the lights wont work when playing music.
  2. Run ledblinkyconfig.exe
  3. Click on FE
  4. Select Other Front-End
  5. Click on Audio animation tab and config audio device and input (Sound card and “wave”
  6. Select desired Audio animation mode
  7. Now its time to config your ports
  8. Click on tools from the pull down at the top
  9. You need to know what ports your flashers are mapped to on your LEDBlinky board.
  10. Select port number that your R G and B is assoated with for each flasher.
  11. Select a port label (This really doesn’t matter as long as each led has its own label
  12. LED Type Will be R or G or B. Important to assign the right color to the right port
  13. And then select a input code. I just made them all Keycode A. It doesn’t matter
  14. Then hit set port
  15. When finished don’t just close out of this window with selecting save in the upper left, failure to do so will require you remap everything. Infact I usually save after every few I put in.
  16. Once conmpleted and SAVE, exit out of this menu and go back to the audioanimation tab.
  17. Hit Test button
  18. Open up an mp3 and play it. You should see the assigned lights start to dance with the music.
  19. You got the lights mapped and ledblinky setup

5) Download PinJukeLaunch and config video resolution

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.php/files/file/2111-pinjukelaunch-moves-dwjukebox-to-backglass-100/

Put file in a folder called “pinjukelaunch” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.

Make sure your config file looks like this. I disabled wallpaper and also changed resolution to 1360x768. Of course if you are running a different resolution on you backglass adjust accordingly.

[app_config]

appExe=C:\HyperPin\dwjukebox\wincab.exe

runExe=true

appWindowName=DWJukebox

appWindowXpos=1921

appWindowYpos=0

appWindowWidth=1360

appWindowHeight=768

appTitlebarOffset=28

[wallpaper_config]

changeWallpaper=false

startWallpaper=juke_logo.bmp

startWallPaperTiled=0

startWallPaperStretch=0

endWallpaper=pinball_logos.bmp

endWallPaperTiled=1

endWallPaperStretch=0

6) Download latest FPlaunch (Miniumum requirement  FPLaunch1.295wip10.zip   )

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.p...outines/page-1

7) Make jukebox.bat and put the following info in: (Place this bat file in the root of Hyperpin folder)

start C:\HyperPin\ledblinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe audio.lwax
start /wait C:\HyperPin\PinJukeLaunch\PinJukeLaunch.exe launch_juke.cfg
start C:\HyperPin\ledblinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 2

8) Launch Hyperpin and select jukebox. Enjoy

I will also be including an artwork theme pack for thisas well as a DWjuke skin. THK and Jeep guy are working on this for me now. As soon as its ready I will upload to forums.

Thanks for this, Bent! I setup my cab with your tutorial but without the ledblinky stuff. However, one comment and one question:

I had to set mouse = disabled,not mouse = false.

And I run my back glass monitor at 1920x1080 but it seems dwjukebox does not support that. I get an error when trying to start it up. Same with 1360x768. Then tried 1024x768, which works but not full screen... Anybody else got this too?

• 5 months later...

Can't get this going, any help going?

I have two problems + another one!

1. When I launch Pinjukelaunch.exe I get error message 1024 x 768 Resolution Not Supported.

My width in jukebox.ini is

Width = 1024
Height = 768

My launch_juke.cfg is

[app_config]
appExe=C:\Pinball Software\PinballX\DWJukebox\wincab.exe
runExe=true
appWindowName=DWJukebox
appWindowXpos=3021
appWindowYpos=0
appWindowWidth=1024
appWindowHeight=768
appTitlebarOffset=20

This is to go on monitor 2 & I have switched its resolution between 1024 x 768 & 1360 - 768

2. I am trying to do this in PinballX. I created a blank vpt table by opening one & deleting all the script & renaming it jukebox.vpt

However when I load the (table) it shows the old tables playfield & Jukebox does not launch?

3. Button mapping

How do I find out what my ipac button numbers are.

IE I want my right flipper to navigate down. I put KEY_RSHIFT = BTN_GUI_RIGHT right flipper right arrow but when Jukebox launch it came up with an error message highlighting this buttons non existence?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

4) Download ledblinky and configure

http://dndw.com/ledblinky/Download.htm

Put file in a folder called “ledblinky” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.

1. Its important you buy and register your version of ledwiz otherwise the lights wont work when playing music.
  2. Run ledblinkyconfig.exe
  3. Click on FE
  4. Select Other Front-End
  5. Click on Audio animation tab and config audio device and input (Sound card and “wave”
  6. Select desired Audio animation mode
  7. Now its time to config your ports
  8. Click on tools from the pull down at the top
  9. You need to know what ports your flashers are mapped to on your LEDBlinky board.
  10. Select port number that your R G and B is assoated with for each flasher.
  11. Select a port label (This really doesn’t matter as long as each led has its own label
  12. LED Type Will be R or G or B. Important to assign the right color to the right port
  13. And then select a input code. I just made them all Keycode A. It doesn’t matter
  14. Then hit set port
  15. When finished don’t just close out of this window with selecting save in the upper left, failure to do so will require you remap everything. Infact I usually save after every few I put in.
  16. Once conmpleted and SAVE, exit out of this menu and go back to the audioanimation tab.
  17. Hit Test button
  18. Open up an mp3 and play it. You should see the assigned lights start to dance with the music.
  19. You got the lights mapped and ledblinky setup

I'd like to clarrify some of the items in the LEDBlinky configuration...

Download LEDBlinky from here: http://ledblinky.net/Download.htm

1) You do not need to purchase LEDBlinky to use the audio animation features. The app is fully functional without registration but it will display a splash screen at startup. Also, the non-registered version can only create short animations.

9) Typo: LEDBlinky board should read LED Controller board.

11) For the Port Label you can select from the list OR type any value you want. I would suggest using labels that make sense such as "Flasher 1", "Flasher 2", etc.

13) When using LEDBlinky only for audio animations, you do not need to assign any input codes to the ports.

15) If you attempt to close the app without saving first, a warning will be displayed giving you the option to save.

One other thought; I would suggest creating your input map first (steps 9 - 16) - run GenLEDBlinkyInputMap.exe. Then use LEDBlinkyConfig.exe for the rest of the configuration (steps 1 - 6 and 17 - 19).

Hope this helps!

Archived