• Content Provider

This patch is for V-Pins only. For real pinball machines you need to have the pinballbrowser PBM file from the author to patch it for the serial number of your machine.

You also need a serial connection from the controller to the SAM board. For V3 shields you need a cable from pinheader to SUB-D9 connector. For older shields you need a TTL converter from eBay and connect it to these pins.

B6 - USART1 TX to Max232
B7 - USART1 RX to Max232

Search for DB9 TTL on eBay 

For the macro files please contact the author

• Content Provider

I am running the 1.02 version and the colors look off from what the ACDC pro rom looks like. Anyone else having this issue? I am running 2.8 firmware and the latest pinmame 2.9 beta

• Content Provider

I can  when I am back home later in the week. ITs pretty straight foward , if you compare colors on the pro vs LE they are different. IF you guys are seeing same color frame on both then something is wrong on my end.

• Content Provider

Ok I am finally home now. Here are the screen shots side by side. The green colored one is ACDC LE running the latest 1.2 lucky patch  and  palette file vs the ACDC Pro color rom thats red and orange. The Pro looks correct.

What is everyone else seeing? I am running latest pin2dmd firmware 2.8 and pinmame 2..9

https://ibb.co/nfDo1Q
https://ibb.co/kcXgMQ

Well, My ACDC LE rom does look like yours. acd_168hc with its matching palette file. The pro version of this table would to the best of my knowledge be acd_168, To me it just looks like you've choosen a rom without a palette file and adjusted the colors ( ticked the 4 colors) yourself from light green to black. Without a palette file, your color info is kept in the windows registry.

• Content Provider

I am not sure what you mean? I have a folder created with the rom names for both my acd_168 and acd168_hc which have the corresponding palette files. Does your Pro color rom look like mine?

I'm a bit confused. Why should the colors be the same ? We are talking about two different tables here. Do you use the same rom in those tables ? What rom are you using for what table - I need to know this in order to understand why you think the colors should be the same. I'm quite sure your using either acd_168hc or acd_168c for the last picture.

• Content Provider

The colorization between Metallica pro and le for example are the same . I am asking if the colors are supposed to be the same between roms? I would seem the LE roms doesn't have as nice look to it. If the answer is yes the person who did the colorization used different palettes and frame techniques vs the other rom then so be it. I have not gotten confirmation that's the case . 

For metallica I seem to have two colored roms for ver 1.70. One is pro and one is LE. For the pro rom my palette file is only 2.761 bytes, for my LE howerver it is 12.811. Can't recall using my 1.70 pro on any table that I've got. What table do you have that is a pro ? From this info I would expect differences in the colors.

• 3 years later...

Archived