cant run STERN LE tables

hi guys, i am having trouble getting the newly released stern tables to run.

i have the pinmame.dll capable of running the roms.

i am having trouble with metallica LE, walking dead LE, mustang LE etc.

i can run all 3 of these non LE titles.

i can run the LE roms through the pinmame test, so i know they are all good.

i have even run the LE roms on the  pro tables, and they load up and play, although the lights and solanoids dont respond correctly, as i would expect.

i have even tried running the pro roms on the LE tables, but the table will still not load properly.

so for example , when i try to run mustang LE table 

Mustang (Stern 2014)_AUX_INVISI_D_RTM_1.1.vpx with vpx 10.2.1,

i  get the error message: machine 'mt145h'(mustang limited edition 1.45) terminated before installed, check the rom path or rom file!

this would normally indicate a bad or missing rom. however, i have verified that the roms for these tables all work through pinmame rom test, or loading it through a pro model table.

i am running mustang LE directly through vpx without a front end.

can somebody please help me figure out what i need to do to get these tables running?

i can run all other tables so far, except for these LE tables.

i am running XP sp3

i5-3470 @320ghz

2.96 GB of ram

nvidia gforce gtx 650

i dont want to start throwing hardware at the problem unless i can confirm that that is the issue.

i can answer anything that i have left out here/thanks/sparky

thanks thalmus, i just tried your suggestion, and installed:

official rev 4196
Make Mustang LE serial LED speed hack apply to color ROM also [DJRobX]
Fix color patch ROM crash when JIT in use [DJRobX]
 ----------------------

but that does not solve the problem. i am still getting the error:

machine 'mt145h'(mustang limited edition 1.45) terminated before installed, check the rom path or rom file!

anybody have any other ideas?.. thanks/sparky

• Administrators
On 4/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, SPARKY70 said:

Mustang (Stern 2014)_AUX_INVISI_D_RTM_1.1.vpx

you need to follow the instructions that go with that file to play it http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/mustang-le/

and use these latest files http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4129-mustang-limited-edition-v145/

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

then you might get some solmodcallback errors just comment them out

worked for me anyways ...

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard people having your kind of problems and it has almost always been that they haven't installed the latest sam update correctly. Once more - update and replace your files and scripts. Then - run the setup.exe and choose install, After that - make sure you don't have old *.vbs files laying around in your vpinball\tables folder. It doesn't sound like that is a problem. I admit, according to the tests you've run, it sounds like this should work. If for some reason on of these tables still don't work, then try changing the jit registry entry for that rom.

just in case, i just downloaded and retried.

i only used vpinmame.dll, then went to pinmame setup file and hit install.

it said installed successfully, but still does not start the table.

am i doing it right?  thanks/sparky

outhere is right, that's one way of doing it. I would however turn it around, keep the scripts where they belong. Move all *.vbs into scripts folder. Then overwrite all the scripts from the update I mentioned. Yes, the scripts goes into the scripts folder for now on ... never ever have them in 2 locations !

thanks outhere and thalamus.

imy scripts folder did not contain any vbs files, so i moved them all from my tables folder to scripts folder.

it still did not fix the problem.

i believe i have the vbs files up to date,

but just in case, can you point me towards the newest file, i always have a hard time locating them..thanks

outhere, thanks for the link.

i just downloaded the file, and tried the vbs. it gave me the same problem.

just to double check, i then compared the vbs files in the download that you linked to, with the vbs files that i had, and they all had the same date and size, so my files must have also been the same

Archived