PinSound is Amazing with VpinMame

PinSound with VPinMame is the greatest thing since VPX! Tales from the Crypt with the metal sound track and PinSound Studio is an awesome experience! I'll soon be injecting PinSound into every game on my cab.  Works flawless with Pinball X as well.  The fact that you can set it via each Rom is great as well!

I've had a few lag problems, related to PinSound. So I'm kind of on the fence for this one.

Sometime if I play a table ... more than normal ( eg. in the weekly challenge @ vpf ) I do need a change in the sound and then PinSound is welcomed change.

I haven't had any lag problems.  I'm running with PinSound Studio running in the backgroud and changing the vpinmame.dll setting to 2 in the rom.  (not using the alternate paths).

T2 OST track is great.  Bride of Pinbot wasn't great, default rom sounds better.  Theater of Magic was interesting, need to check that one out a bit more.

I've heard Tommy was good, haven't had a chance yet to try that one.

What other tracks does everyone like/hate with PinSound?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Looks like the PinSound team added Whitestar support. At least there are a bunch of new mixes at their community forum. This includes LOTR drawn from the film OST. I have not tested anything yet, so I don't know if VPM supports it. It might be best to use sound option 2 for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, Thalamus said:

I played quite a while with JP' latest LOTR and the released OST that Carney ref to. You'll probably find from the Pinsound forums that I enjoyed both versions ;)

I have JP's newest table and the LOTR OST installed with Pinsound, but neither 0.8 or 0.9 seem to work for me...  (other tables are fine so far).  I have Soundmode=2... I'm using "lotr" rom.   Do I need a different rom? What do you use for your setup?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

@senseless I don't remember trying it for Elvis but I know that I got it running just fine for LOTR. I have both the older 0.8 and 0.9 installed and I believe I had to use 0.9 for LOTR. Not using pinsound that often but wasn't there a issue with Gottlieb and using 0.9 ? I have downloaded the latest release but, are yet to try it so maybe I don't need 0.8 anymore. Right now I'm not able to test this though. I'm on holiday until the end of this month.

Neither Elvis or LOTR should require 0.8 so get 0.9 or newer ?

Oh. That is not easy to answer my friend. I just remember that someone recommended trying one of the releases and off I went. You might find me raving about how cool I think it was in the pinsound forum though. In order to answer your question, I think I would need access to my pin. Can't for the next two weeks so if still struggle - remind me :)

Anyone still have 0.9 version available somewhere? I tried with 0.8 and the latest 18.8.3 but LOTR_OST or LOTR_THE_WOOL_V1 won't work. I head the Elvis last weekend during the Dutch Pinball Open on a pinsound enabled Elvis table and was really impressed with the sound but also can't seem to get this one up and running with these versions of Pinsound Studio.

• 1 year later...

Archived