Pin2DMD and colourised rom in Family Guy

I have had a pin2dmd in my 'real' family guy pinball for a while, and from its 'out of the box' palette the colours look pretty good! 

On my Visual Pinball I have patched the ROM and am running the PROPER colourised display that @lucky1 kindly posted.

Now I wish to install this software into my proper pinball.

I know I will have to take the file from the 'altcolor' folder and put that on my SD card that is in the real pinball.

But how do I get the 'ROM' into the game?  Do I put the modified one onto a USB stick and update it via the machines CPU board or do I have to install it somehow via Pinball browser software?  or is there more to it than that.

Has anyone done a tutorial yet for ROMS that have already been patched and used in VP to be put in SAM Stern games.
On some threads I looked at it seems I need a special file....

Again - I am grateful for any help given to me....  and if required I would post a step by step tutorial once I have done it myself.

All the best.

Okay - I have just tried putting the new palette file on my SD card for my pin2dmd, and I reloaded the new 'coloured' BIN file within the game.

It all loaded okay BUT none of the colours looking right (ie the same as in VPX).
The new palette is loading as the colour bar on loadup with the PIN2DMD logo is showing different shades across the top.
However whilst in certain modes of the game it does not look like my VP game.

At the moment I have v2.33 software in my PIN2DMD - can this cause the issue?  I have the latest in my visual pin (v2.38).

EDIT - v2.38 firmware installed - will report back...   But the Pin2DMD 'start up' page seems to have no BLUE colour in any of the 16 palettes... 

• Content Provider

Family guy uses just one palette and that is why it should work also on a real pinball machine. 
Almost all other machines use side-channel and are bound to the serial of the machine.

Uploading the modified FGY ROM to the machine and copying the palette file to SD should do the job.

Thanks @lucky1 - I have re-downloaded the package, and redone the rom..  
My Pin2DMD is now v2.38 so I am going to try it in the next hour and will report back later.

Okay - I have tried both 'roms' with the normal and modified pin2dmd.pal file and the modded file does not look 'right' in the real game.

Think it is time to learn how to use Pinball Browser/Pin2dmd editor to make my own. 

Archived