VP crash when launching colored roms directly

firebrand007

Hello ,
And first a big thanks to everyone involve in allowing us to benefit from colored roms, awesome work !
On my pincab I've had a weird issue to get them working unfortunately and would welcome any lead…

I've successfully patched roms like Spiderman, Avengers, Mustang LE or Walking Dead LE, and can run them through Vpinmame test function.

However the only way I can display them ingame is if I first launch the table without colorization, quit to editor, place or rename correctly the palette folder in vpinmame/altcolor, and then choose "play table".

If I try to launch colored rom tables directly, VP launches and displays table/backglass/dmd but frozen, and crashes after a short moment.
My config is Win7 64, vpx 10.2 , pin2dmd firmware 2.36 and latest dmddevice.dll, and the latest b2s server / vpinmame beta rev (2.9), same issue with vpinmame 2.8. The same crash issue seems to be happening with regular VP (old Avengers table)

Could it be related to my dot net version (4.52) in any way ? Any other suggestion is most welcome ! :)

Archived