[New VP10 Alert] Star Trek LE Hanibals 4k Asteroid Mod 1.7

3 hours ago, Thalamus said:

@wAxx I find your post a bit to aggressive. We should be grateful for this release, no matter its state. It is up to you, me, or anyone else to find a solution to the the problem and share it for the benefit of us all

Hey at least he did not use the dreaded "this table in unplayable" I hate that statement.  But well said Thalamus.

On 20/02/2017 at 1:41 AM, softfish said:

I don't know if that's a good threshold. I don't make tables or claim to be able to make something better than what you've already made, but I have a Gtx980 and Klingon multiball wrecks it. The effect was cool and surprising as hell when i saw it. Surely there is a better way to do it? 

Awesome work on your tables btw. I'm very appreciative of all the work that you do! So thank you :)

After reading some previous posts, I do have 4x AA enabled. Perhaps that's where a lot of the slowdown comes from. Normally runs around 130fps with 4xaa. I didn't check what it was during Klingon multiball, but it had to be around 20fps

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but here are my settings with the table leading to a perfect smoothness even in Klingon Multiball + PewPew=1 :

vpxset10.png

My rig is : Asus B85M-E motherboard / Intel Core i7-4770 / 16 Gb DDR3 / Geforce 1060 6 Gb / SSD 240 Gb / Win10 x64 and latest versions of everything ;)

Please don't care about the green arrow, it's a screenshot I used on a french forum to explain that table user customizations override videos settings :)

++

Love this table. Plays great. However, I went into my DMD to alter the colors a bit and exited as I normally do, and now I have no DMD. I deleted my NV ram, and even redownloaded the table, but no DMD. It's not in the background It seems to be simply gone. Any ideas???

7 hours ago, Delta6014 said:

Love this table. Plays great. However, I went into my DMD to alter the colors a bit and exited as I normally do, and now I have no DMD. I deleted my NV ram, and even redownloaded the table, but no DMD. It's not in the background It seems to be simply gone. Any ideas???

You might need to go into the registry and change the "showpindmd" key to 1.

After playing this and really liking this table but unsure if the upper gate action was correct I decided to try to find and play an original, which I might add is very difficult to find here in Tokyo. 

After playing the original and watching some gameplay videos as well as researching the intended skillshots, the Gate3 action is for whatever reason backwards as far as I could tell, meaning that with no flipper depressed the ball when plunged would plunge to left flipper (standard actions should be ball blocked to pop bumpers).

These are the 3 skillshots for Star trek as far as I can tell based on some quick reading.

1 - soft plunge to upper flipper, warp ramp: 500k
2 - hold left flipper, plunge to left flipper (might be able to soft plunge to right flipper?), shoot a lit shot (right ramp is easiest imo): 1 mil
3 - hold right flipper, full plunge - ball needs to hit the upper gate with enough force to reject it back out of the rollovers into right orbit, shoot warp ramp: 1.5 mil

The Original Table from Fren exhibits the expected, correct action on the gate so I thought I would see if I could fix this one.

In the original table the Solenoid section had these entries for Gate3

'SolCallback(51) = "Gate3.Collidable ="
'SolCallback(52) = "Gate2.Collidable ="
SolCallback(51) = "Gate3Sol"
SolCallback(52) = "Gate2Sol"
SolCallback(53) = "VengeanceLE"
SolCallback(54) = "KickbackPlunger"
SolCallback(55) = "ScoopRot"
'sol56 vengeance ship latch

Sub Gate3Sol(enabled)
    If enabled Then
        Gate3.Collidable = 0
    Else
        Gate3.Collidable = 1
    End If
End Sub

Sub Gate2Sol(enabled)
    If enabled Then
        Gate2.Collidable = 0
    Else
        Gate2.Collidable = 1
    End If
End Sub

The script for the Hanibal version  has the following:

SolCallback(51) = "Gate3.Collidable ="
SolCallback(52) = "Gate2.Collidable ="
SolCallback(56) = "Latch"

SolCallback(sLRFlipper) = "SolRFlipper"
 SolCallback(sLLFlipper) = "SolLFlipper"

I noticed that the SOLCallback commands in the new script were not remed and the Gate3 Sub routines at the end were missing.

Here is how I changed it and it seems to work correctly now. - Keep in mind I have no scripting or table building experience so this is just copy and paste and deduction.

'SolCallback(51) = "Gate3.Collidable ="
'SolCallback(52) = "Gate2.Collidable ="
SolCallback(51) = "Gate3Sol"
SolCallback(52) = "Gate2Sol"
SolCallback(56) = "Latch"

Sub Gate3Sol(enabled)
    If enabled Then
        Gate3.Collidable = 0
    Else
        Gate3.Collidable = 1
    End If
End Sub

Sub Gate2Sol(enabled)
    If enabled Then
        Gate2.Collidable = 0
    Else
        Gate2.Collidable = 1
    End If
End Sub

SolCallback(sLRFlipper) = "SolRFlipper"
 SolCallback(sLLFlipper) = "SolLFlipper"

Love this mod to the original table, Thanks Hanibal and Thanks Fren for the Original Table !! 

1 hour ago, agwood said:

- Keep in mind I have no scripting or table building experience so this is just copy and paste and deduction.

Love this mod to the original table, Thanks Hanibal and Thanks Fren for the Original Table !! 

Nice find ... good catch etc. I'm at work right now, but, this I need to remind myself to try out.

Thank you !

• Content Provider

Instead of gate3.collidable, you can also use gate3.open and you will actually see the gates open, i.e

SolCallback(51) = "Gate3.Open ="
SolCallback(52) = "Gate2.Open ="

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you (again) for the update, this table blows me away everytime I start it, great!

I do have however a very strange thing going on with the display colors.

I'm using a pin2dmd display, latest drivers of everything.

With the .pal file I did set the DMD colors to nice blue, like this:

However....when the ball drains within the ball-saver time (only then so not when the ball drains when the ball-saver time has gone) the color scheme of the display got changed. 

It is first visabel by the red rectangle around the screen saying the ball was saved (because of the active ball saver):

After that, the display changes colors (to very ugly red/purple and so on, like this but in real much more ugly). This remains during all the balls, have to exit and reload the table before the blue color comes back (until a ball drain within the ball saver time)

I asked Lucky1 (developper pin2dmd) but he doesn't have a clue. As it is only with this table could you solve this problem?

Thank you!

20170415_214539.jpg

20170415_214545.jpg

20170415_214555.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-2-23 at 8:05 PM, Joppnl said:

Thank you so much for this (updated) table.

I love to play IRL the original table but with these prices....... this is a fantastic work-around :-) !

On feb 23 I posted this.....will post it again , thank you for your update, still one of my favorites! Great, thanks!

Hannibal this version just kicks ass. thank you for making al already really fun table even better.

the lighting on this is just wowsers. this and your walking dead blood mod are so good.

i don't have any trouble with the lasers during nero multiball. system runs perfectly smooth, no stutter at all, i5 / 970GTX :)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Does anyone know if there is a colorization for the rom ?

I have a pin2DMDpal- file but that only changes the colour of the dmd into white.

I can`t find a patch either...