[New VP10 Alert] Star Trek LE Hanibals 4k Asteroid Mod 1.7

Star Trek LE Hanibals 4k Asteroid Mod 1.7

This table is base on the nice Star Trek LE table of freneticamnesic, a very nice work.

I have add 2 new asteroid, my first try to create 3D objects for an table.
On the original pinball game they are 2 to cover the spots and I missed them.

Additionally I update some lights, physics, and add the ball reflection for the game, because it looks like fantasic on this table.

Now it looks like very nice on my 4k virtual pinball and I hope you enjoy it  :dblthumb:

Thanks guys ;)

I've just played Hanibal's mod and went through very important slowdown in Klingon Multiball mode with the red lights moving on the playfield.

I'm running on a Core i7-4470 / Geforce 1060 6 Gb / SSD 240 Gb / 16 Gb DDR3 / Win 10 x64 / VPX 10.2.1 / SAMbuild v2.9, all softwares up to date.

Can the moving red lights be disabled in the script ?

Anyway thanks for this nice little piece of VPX art ^_^

Edit : nevermind, I switched PewPew option from 1 to 0 to disable lasers and no more lights but smoothness is back ;)

++

I keep getting rom errors on this table. I have both 160 and 161h roms. . Tried them both and no deal. I have the Physmod5 version and it uses the 160 rom and plays fine--although I could never get it to run with a backglass. Love this table and would love to get it working in VP10. Any ideas? Thanks

1 hour ago, BobAlbright said:

I keep getting rom errors on this table. I have both 160 and 161h roms. . Tried them both and no deal. I have the Physmod5 version and it uses the 160 rom and plays fine--although I could never get it to run with a backglass. Love this table and would love to get it working in VP10. Any ideas? Thanks

Can you run the rom in the vpinmame test? I just tried the table and it works fine with 160h rom. This is the LE don't forget, so you need the LE rom.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BobAlbright said:

The physmod5 version was also LE. And it works. I tried using the 160 rom that Frens pm5 version used and it would not run with the new vpx version. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm going to dl the table again...but I doubt that that will help

I dont think the physmod5 version was LE...  Pretty sure it's just the Pro version.

• Content Provider

As shadowshd noted, you can disable the lasers by changing PewPew to 0 in the script, This causes crazy slowdown on my system, so I expect a lot of people will have the issue. I was going to come up with a better looking lower quality version but never got around to it, I think it just turns a red light on near the flipper if you turn it off, instead of something like 120 lights moving around the table. It runs fine on my GTX 750 but not great on my GTX 650 so there's your threshold.

23 hours ago, freneticamnesic said:

As shadowshd noted, you can disable the lasers by changing PewPew to 0 in the script, This causes crazy slowdown on my system, so I expect a lot of people will have the issue. I was going to come up with a better looking lower quality version but never got around to it, I think it just turns a red light on near the flipper if you turn it off, instead of something like 120 lights moving around the table. It runs fine on my GTX 750 but not great on my GTX 650 so there's your threshold.

My 750 ain't happy when it sees those dots of yours Fren. But, what a light show it is. Makes me want to upgrade.

7 hours ago, Thalamus said:

My 750 ain't happy when it sees those dots of yours Fren. But, what a light show it is. Makes me want to upgrade.

If you want the light show you can turn off 4xaa for this table and you should be able to handle it.   That's what I do for my 960.

Fortunately this table doesn't have a lot of wire ramps, so the quality doesn't suffer too much from disabling 4xaa.

Great mod to an already fantastic table. Not sure what exactly you changed but it plays completely differently on my cab.

One question that I have though is on my cab it seems that when I hold down the left flipper button and launch the ball it is supposed to go around the playfield and come down to the left flipper and when launching without the left flipper button depressed it is supposed to stop at the top of the playfield and fall into the pop bumpers? On this mod for me at least it is the opposite. I loaded up Fren's original and it works as expected. Is this something I can change in the script?

Great mod, plays fantastic on my cab.

@agwood : I was cominig back here to ask the exact same question :-)

I haven't played the original table, so, I have no idea if the loop ramp is supposed to be hard like Fren's or more like it is now. I also have noticed that on the left ramp that goes back to the left flipper there seems to be a small issue. Sometime a fast ball suddenly stops and get returned while a slower ball would get through.

I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thank you for sharing !!

I like this LE version alot, however if I keep the controller for VPINMAME (cController= 1),  the external flashers on my game won't work.,

If I set the game to directb2s mode (cController = 3), the external flashers work but the controlled playfield lamps stop working. Very strange.

On 2/14/2017 at 11:20 AM, freneticamnesic said:

I don't know if that's a good threshold. I don't make tables or claim to be able to make something better than what you've already made, but I have a Gtx980 and Klingon multiball wrecks it. The effect was cool and surprising as hell when i saw it. Surely there is a better way to do it? 

Awesome work on your tables btw. I'm very appreciative of all the work that you do! So thank you :)

After reading some previous posts, I do have 4x AA enabled. Perhaps that's where a lot of the slowdown comes from. Normally runs around 130fps with 4xaa. I didn't check what it was during Klingon multiball, but it had to be around 20fps

Left Galactic Ramp is a mess, please fix it.... a shot from the right flipper hits some invisible wall that makes the ball go right back down the ramp...if you remove this wall, the ball flies out the back of the table...I have tried moving this thing around and nothing works.  Why upload the table in this state?