SAMBuild2.9 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked it also: the hammer is not working right with this build but:

it might not be the hammer which is causing the problem: after hitting the captive ball 5(?) times the machine says Lock is ready.

Normally when the ball is near the magnet underneath the hammer it will be enegized so it captures the ball and the hammer will slam.

But this capturing doesn't happen.   And may-be because this doesn't happen the hammer won't slam. So...it might be a coil problem..

Checked it again: first time needs 5 capt. ball hits and no: ball doesn't get captured by magnet.

Nut then you need to make 10 hits. All of a sudden when 3 hits remained for that second lock the hammer slamed and I saw the magnet move under the playfield while the ball was still somewhere else....

So, not sure what the problem is but it isn't solved with this issue... Thanks anyway for your help!

17 hours ago, Joppnl said:

Checked it also: the hammer is not working right with this build but:

it might not be the hammer which is causing the problem: after hitting the captive ball 5(?) times the machine says Lock is ready.

Normally when the ball is near the magnet underneath the hammer it will be enegized so it captures the ball and the hammer will slam.

But this capturing doesn't happen.   And may-be because this doesn't happen the hammer won't slam. So...it might be a coil problem..

Checked it again: first time needs 5 capt. ball hits and no: ball doesn't get captured by magnet.

Nut then you need to make 10 hits. All of a sudden when 3 hits remained for that second lock the hammer slamed and I saw the magnet move under the playfield while the ball was still somewhere else....

So, not sure what the problem is but it isn't solved with this issue... Thanks anyway for your help!

To add to this.

In r4253 the is no slowdown in the dmd animations, but the magnet does not turn on.

Hope this helps..

• Content Provider
On 4/16/2017 at 9:28 PM, Wob said:

Hi,

I have updated my vpinmame.dll to 13/03/17 Version and also my dmddevice.dll's to the latest (07/04/17) and now I can't get Family Guy to load at all (it just crashes if I have Colorize Rom ticket). AC/DC will also crash if I use B2S, but it will work if I use vpinmame rather than b2s at the controller.

Both tables are running from PM5, all my other colour roms are running fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wob

Hi,

I updated to 4253 but these 2 colorized roms are still giving me problem.

I have tested just inside the setup for vpinmame, if I run the Test I get the following results

1) Family Guy (fg1200af) - Will crash every time, if I untick colorize rom it will load and play fine.

2) AC/DC Pro (acd_168c) - Will crash every 2nd or 3rd time it is started, same result with colorize rom checked or unchecked.

I was using the dmddevice.dll files from frenzy's dmdext repository, but it made the colors wrong for a number of the tables (POTC, Shrek, etc) but it did work with these roms. I have switched to lucky1's pin2dmd files, all other tables I have are working fine, but no these two.

Not sure if this belongs here on in the pin2dmd thread, lucky1 seems active is this threa, but please redirect me if you would rather it moved.

Thanks,

Wob

• Content Provider
On 18.4.2017 at 5:19 AM, Wob said:

Hi,

I updated to 4253 but these 2 colorized roms are still giving me problem.

I have tested just inside the setup for vpinmame, if I run the Test I get the following results

1) Family Guy (fg1200af) - Will crash every time, if I untick colorize rom it will load and play fine.

2) AC/DC Pro (acd_168c) - Will crash every 2nd or 3rd time it is started, same result with colorize rom checked or unchecked.

I was using the dmddevice.dll files from frenzy's dmdext repository, but it made the colors wrong for a number of the tables (POTC, Shrek, etc) but it did work with these roms. I have switched to lucky1's pin2dmd files, all other tables I have are working fine, but no these two.

Not sure if this belongs here on in the pin2dmd thread, lucky1 seems active is this threa, but please redirect me if you would rather it moved.

Thanks,

Wob

PotC  and Shrek cant´work with the dmddevice.dll from freezy,  because the inframe colorization mechanism used by these tables is not public.
No idea why tables don´t crash with freezys dll and crash with mine.on your machine. The tables work fine on my cab.
The difference between patched and non patched ROMs is the self modifying code patch of sidechannel. This caused problems
with the jit compiler in the past. So maybe setting at91_jit  to zero helps. Use the search function to find more details about this option.

• Content Provider
On 18.4.2017 at 0:37 PM, AnotherRat said:

I have a problem with seemingly all Stern ROMS with this version as all of the ones I can actually get to load flicker badly. I can't get this to load AC/DC at all though so I could have something wrong.

Update your dmddevice.dll to the latest version

• Content Provider
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, lucky1 said:

PotC  and Shrek cant´work with the dmddevice.dll from freezy,  because the inframe colorization mechanism used by these tables is not public.
No idea why tables don´t crash with freezys dll and crash with mine.on your machine. The tables work fine on my cab.
The difference between patched and non patched ROMs is the self modifying code patch of sidechannel. This caused problems
with the jit compiler in the past. So maybe setting at91_jit  to zero helps. Use the search function to find more details about this option.

Just got around to testing this, changing at91jit had no effect on either of these roms for me. All other colour roms are working fine.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, CarnyPriest said:

official rev 4253
Fix AC/DC LE solenoid 47 [DJRobX]
Fix SHA1 checksums for fg_700af and bdk_240 

The playfield screen on my cab crapped out, so I can't test anything at the moment. If there are still issues with the hammer for MTL LE then leave a report.

SAMBuild_r4253.zip

This build helped me get Star Trek LE vpx running with pf lighting, however now my older iron man and avengers loads a script error. Forgive my noobness but is this post the latest or is there something else I should be doing? With my previous build all worked but had no pf lights on ST LE..

Scripts problems are almost always because you have two different versions laying around in your cab. I always advice people - move all your *.vbs files that you have in tables folder into scripts folder. Then run the update again - overwriting the scripts you already have. That way, you overwrite the curlprit and for the future. Don't put scripts in two separate folders. Keep them in scripts folder.

Its a reason that folder is called scripts - don't you think ? :)

• Content Provider

@Thalamus - not sure what you are referencing. If it is @Ruesby then this has nothing to do with vbs scripts.

Just need to rename rom files as mentioned in the latest stable release:

Also, don't refer people to the beta releases unless they are prepared to be beta testers. Most people should just use the stable releases posted in the main Downloads section (as linked above). Thanks.

Thanks to you both. The naming part Thalamus speaks to, might be an issue as there's too many Star Trek tables in general. Was only having an issue with the lighting on the LE vpx version.

I do have all my scripts in the scripts file with the exception of a copy of S7 as it's needed in the tables folder for Laser Cue..Although as I'm typing this I'm thinking I might find a newer version of it or edit the table script to allow the position to be in the proper folder. It's an older one, and I'm certain I have 1 more but can't think of it as of now.

Love what you guys are doing keep up the great work, and thanks for taking the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Ruebsy No, the issue Carny is referring to is from release 2.8 - there where changes in the code that required you to rename you rom files for avengers, x-men and iron-man. That is the reason your tables will barf when you try to load them. It is described in the release notes.

I should have picked up that this was the problem since you mentioned 2 out of 3 potential problem tables.

@Thalamus
I tried rebooting but it didn't help, quite a few issues with other stern tables too :/

Spiderman ve crashes vpx unless I load another table first. Big buck hunter loads in physmod 5 but if I try it inside of PinballX it crashes, change back to NONE external dmd setting and it's fine :/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Your real dmd, is it a Pin2dmd or ... ? Unfortunately I need to hit the sack ... work tomorrow. You have the latest sam release installed ?

Not, that I believe it is directly related, but, it is always a good idea to be running the latest stable. Makes it easier for me as well, then I know your version :)

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

Your real dmd, is it a Pin2dmd or ... ? Unfortunately I need to hit the sack ... work tomorrow. You have the latest sam release installed ?

Not, that I believe it is directly related, but, it is always a good idea to be running the latest stable. Makes it easier for me as well, then I know your version [emoji4]

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

It's an LCD using the pin2dmd running sam from the first post in this thread.

Archived