SAMBuild2.9 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

I have a pindmd3 as backup to my pin2dmd. What dll do I use to get full color support for the pindmd3 and latest pinmame 2.9? I tried a freezy dll that worked about the pinmame dmd was always on the screen and I couldn't hide it via b2s

1 hour ago, ninuzzu said:

This spirit of collaboration is amazing and the support is insane :D 

Very nice guys!

@ninuzzu Well, once you feel happy and jolly it is easy to be the nice guy. Why am I happy ? Because of guys like you ! ;)

Sitting here, relaxing, drinking a beer after a round of AC/DC Lucy ;)

20 minutes ago, bent98 said:

I have a pindmd3 as backup to my pin2dmd. What dll do I use to get full color support for the pindmd3 and latest pinmame 2.9? I tried a freezy dll that worked about the pinmame dmd was always on the screen and I couldn't hide it via b2s

That is a good question @bent98 - it is not like dmd-ext is completed, it has a few changes that we probably should ask freezy to implement. Please feel free to report this as a issue over at github. Right now, we can't expect it to get fixed. It seems he is busy with some other project, but, I'm sure he will be right on it once he gets his head over water.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions

• Content Provider
On 1.6.2017 at 10:25 PM, bent98 said:

Ok so then what dll do we use for pindmd3 that supports the latest pinmame 2.9? even if it doesnt have full color support?

You can use the dmddevice.dll which is part of the official pinmame source package and has the functionality of the pindmd.dll provided by russdx.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:39 AM, Ginsonic said:

Each of them seems to work correctly under 4277 when starting them in one fresh VPX session, BUT:

When starting them sequentially within the same VPX session, AC/DC LE has problems with some tables:

• When starting MustangLE or StartrekLE before, AC/DC misses lights and does no longer work correctly (not accepting coins and start).
  • When starting SpidermanVE or MetallicaLE before, AC/DC works like a charm

TWD currently is the only one, which does not work with 4277 when started freshly in VPX !

It seems, that they more or less influence each other, maybe actually memory issues ?

Mysterious, isn't it ? :wacko:

I've never considered VPM to be stable on anything but the first "fresh" run of a ROM.    Once you stop the table, subsequent runs are frequently plagued with weird issues.  It has been this way for years.    VPX doesn't unload VPM completely when you close a table, and things get into a pretty weird state on subsequent runs unless you close VPX completely.    In fact you CAN'T load VPX+VPM in debug builds more than once, you'll get a weird file IO pointer assertion deep in the bowels of Microsoft's runtime libraries (which means we're probably doing something really evil somewhere :) )

I think the latest tables people are building compound those kinds of issues with memory problems.   Just today I was looking at a TWD:LE issue and VP often couldn't quite make it to the initial render on my laptop VM.  Then I'd close some other running program and it'd be fine for a few runs.   Thankfully it's relatively stable on my cab, but moving to 64 bit might offer some stability in this respect.

There will almost certainly be a performance hit, especially with SAM.    The JIT core would need to be re-written for x64 to really get it right.     

I noticed issues with the Scared Stiff pre-production roms SS_01 and SS_01B . There are missing lamps from the aux, lamp board. Looks like it only drives 16 tiny LEDs. is there any chance of support? When those lamps are active I get bizarre garbage through the solenoid callbacks 38, 41, and 42 but no lamp numbers.

• Content Provider

The 2.9 beta cycle is complete. The latest release is available here:

I will start a new thread for 3.0 beta cycle when there is something new to release. Meanwhile please continue to post reports in this thread.

Thanks.

PS: I'm able to complile a 64bit build. It is included, but I'm not sure that it is functional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I can't think of anything that has changed with VPM that would impact those games. This may be an issue with the patch or Pin2DMD fw. Can you post a report on a Pin2DMD thread?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived