SAMBuild2.9 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another symptom to report. Today over at vpf we decided to play teed off this week. First time that I can think of that I've seen the slowdown of DMD myself. Might have felt a slight slowdown in the general emulation - not sure about that though. 

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, Ruebsy said:

There is a dmd issue with Teed off, it's strobing on and off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked the display test and the attraction mode and had no issues. Could you describe a little bit more in detail.

I didn't notice issues with lights other than with Star Trek LE but that was hit or miss from the start. I had it not working with the official release. That's when I first tried the beta. Al lights worked. Once I tried the color rom the lights were off. Then new release this weekend didn't turn it back on.

I'll send more info on Teed Off this evening.

47 minutes ago, Ruebsy said:

I didn't notice issues with lights other than with Star Trek LE but that was hit or miss from the start. 

Same here, The lights work quite randomly, I had the same behaviour with ACDC.

14 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Another symptom to report. Today over at vpf we decided to play teed off this week. First time that I can think of that I've seen the slowdown of DMD myself. Might have felt a slight slowdown in the general emulation - not sure about that though. 

A recent patch by lucky1 introduced a tiny bit of overhead, maybe enough to cause that slowdown, i'll fix that.

@toxie I don't know. I didn't go past rev 4253. Saw no reason since others had already reported problems with Metallica.

Now, with the latest patch, I though that if Metallica and ACDC was working, as expected, then we all would live happily after :)

But I soon noticed that for Teed Off, and we're talking Pindmd3 in combination with Freezy' dmddevice not internal vp-dmd. gave me very slow DMD animations. I only then came to think about a guy I was trying to help over at vpinball that reported very slowed down DMD animations before. I guess it is related to one of the releases in between 4253 and current release. Not necessarily the latest. Guess I can try out some combinations if you think this can help you guys to nail it down some ?

Lucky1 did some changes to GTS3 DMD handling and i hope i fixed some smaller issues with that patch just today. Freezys dmddevice would also be affected by this (i think, if i remember correctly how it is wired up to VPM).

• Content Provider
40 minutes ago, toxie said:

Lucky1 did some changes to GTS3 DMD handling and i hope i fixed some smaller issues with that patch just today. Freezys dmddevice would also be affected by this (i think, if i remember correctly how it is wired up to VPM).

It is not affecting the dmddevice interface. The changes are only pinMame internal.

If Tee'd off has an issue - do any of the other Gottlieb DMD tables have the same problem?

My cab is working fine.  Star Trek LE RGB lights seem to be working as do AC/DC LE RGB lights. 

I am running VPX 10.2 as 10.3 crashed on me when I tried it last week.  But now my cab works, and it will stay with this configuration until it has to be changed! :)

Brilliant work all!

• Content Provider
16 minutes ago, toxie said:

True, but the code that grabbed the pixels was not fully adapted??

The lines that I did not change, did not make any sense to me, that is why I left them as is.
In my test build everything was working fine without the change you lately added.

I just checked the display test and the attraction mode and had no issues. Could you describe a little bit more in detail.

My virtual pin2dmd is flashing. The pinmame one is fine. I don't have this issue with the previous version r4253. Not sure how else to describe or can I send a video clip of it.

Still don't understand how moving from the official release to r4253 made the Star Trek LE play field insert lights work. Simply using the patched colored rom took them out. Installed r2477 and they are still out. So really confused with that table in general. People were pointing out issues, but I'm not sure what else to try.

Edit: that's supposed to read going back and installing r4253 the flashing is gone and works normal.
Please don't take these as complaints rather than feedback. I love what you guys are doing!!!

2 minutes ago, Ruebsy said:

My virtual pin2dmd is flashing. The pinmame one is fine. I don't have this issue with the previous version r4253. Not sure how else to describe or can I send a video clip of it.

Mine is fine ! (pin2dmd)

Ok so I take that all back. No issues with the play field lights on Star Trek LE with the new r4277. When I switch back to st_161h it works. Only with the st_161c does it add color then take out the lights. Suggestions?

Archived