SAMBuild2.9 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I copied the two dlls from the PIN2DMD folder to the vpinmame one also the one file from pin2dmd/32-bit folder out to vpinmame folder.

Also installed from setup.exe

Have I missed some step Sir?

Cheers

Just updating my pals VP table, he runs a PinDMD3 which I have working now with VPX running v2.9 pinmame so I can get the coloured roms working.

Running the VPX, VP9, VP mod 'exes' and selecting tables thru those - the games run fine.

However when I try and run Pinball X and start Metallica LE, Family Guy with coloured rom and Spiderman Vault the game freezes and eventually goes back to the normal Pinball X attract mode.

What should I be looking for?

Latest Pinball X installed as well.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably just missing something here, but when setting up vpinmame options in 2,9, anti aliasing doesn't seem to take affect.  Using a pindmd2 with this setup, If I install 2.8, ant aliasing starts to work again.  (I'm not a fan of the 50% default, looks like constant flickering, so I typically set this to 0%)

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, jukedock said:

If that is answering my question then I have done all of that......

No it is referring to the post of Tyson directly above my post. 

No idea about your problem

On 3/4/2017 at 3:14 AM, UncleSash said:

AcDc and Metallica crash at my system also.
Family Guy and Shrek runs good.

It looks like that VPinMame needs to long to start upload the palette and init the rom.

my cabinet now fails to load acdc and metallica smoothly as well...sparky

• Content Provider

I don´t think it is the palette upload. The difference is that the newer ROMs are more timing sensitive and Shrek and FamilyGuy don´t use side channel. You may test wether it is the palette load with dmddevice.dll from freezy which does´t upload any palette.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hi,

I have updated my vpinmame.dll to 13/03/17 Version and also my dmddevice.dll's to the latest (07/04/17) and now I can't get Family Guy to load at all (it just crashes if I have Colorize Rom ticket). AC/DC will also crash if I use B2S, but it will work if I use vpinmame rather than b2s at the controller.

Both tables are running from PM5, all my other colour roms are running fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wob

• Content Provider

Hi, @DJRobX, you are maybe not getting my PM. Can you commit your fix for the left ramp diverter solenoid fix for AC/DC LE? I've got another very minor fix for sam.c waiting in the wings behind yours before I publish an update. Thanks,

Everyone else: In the meantime, use the work build that ninuzzu provided with the AC/DC beta:

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/acdc-le-stern-vpx-2/

As far as I know, the latest dmddevice.dll is here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

or try freezy's unified alternative here:

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Archived