SD Card not communicating

tjc02002

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone had any similar problems as me and if there are any fixes. I have 2 of Uncle Sasch's rev2.0 shields with latest firmware and I cant get my SD cards to work. They are cheap no-name Chinese 2GB SD cards off ebay. They are not microSD cards, they are regular SD cards and the shield has a regular SD card reader installed. I have 2 identical setups with 2 identical SD cards. The cards work fine in my computer and I can put files on them and stuff but I cant get the pin2dmd device to save any settings or read them from the files on the cards. Are these SD cards just duds or could they maybe be formatted a different way or something to get them to work? any help is appreciated, thank you.

-Tom

I did try fat32 but ill try it again. Is there any other settings when formatting the card that might help? What about bypassing the circuitry on the SD card module, that stuff seems to be unneccesary based on some other posts ive seen. problem is that I don't have any other SD cards to try right now so I have to buy them...

Archived