Cactus Canyon Continued

bent98

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also had a crash at table launch.

I forgot that some time ago I installed Miniconda3 for tests purposes and it was the default Python installation instead of C:\Python27, so pyusb got installed in Miniconda3 folder and not in C:\Python27.

I uninstalled Miniconda3, ran pip install pyusb again and now everything runs smoothly :)

Thanks guys for this improvement, no more need to launch DMDExt and have 2 DMD (one virtual mirrored to my Pin2DMD) ?

• 7 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, lucky1 said:

Here is a modified python script to send the display data directly to the pin2dmd without having to use dmdext.

You need to install pyusb by executing "pip install pyusb" and copying the libusb-1,0.dll to the Python27 folder where the python.exe is located.

The script needs to be copied to the C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\ep folder.

Maybe @CarnyPriest can add it to his gitnub repo.

Currently it is only tested with EVO128x32 and Nucleo based pin2dmd systems with firmware v3.05 .

ep_desktop_pygame.py 28.82 kB · 86 downloads libusb-1.0.dll 110 kB · 79 downloads

Hi is this file still valid?

I am able to play the game all ok with the virtual DMD showing up on the screen. I followed instructions by copying the last posted ep_desktop_pygame.py file and libusb-1.0.dll and then running the pip install pyusb command. 
when I run the table, the table loads in VPX then I guess crashes/closes.. and leaves the B2S showing. For now I reverted back to the original ep_desktop_pygame.py and the game plays.. 

I am trying to get the Pin2DMD to show the colour DMD

• 1 month later...

I am seeing the same issue as KiwiBri trying to get CCC to run with the PIN2DMD natively.  Works fine with the DMD on the playfield, but VPX crashes when runiing the table with the PIN2DMD ep_desktop_pygame.py file .  I am running the latest verson of CCC with the updated script.  Here is the last few lines of the crash log:

2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 804, in open_device
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -     return _DeviceHandle(dev)
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 652, in __init__
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -     _check(_lib.libusb_open(self.devid, byref(self.handle)))
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 600, in _check
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -     raise NotImplementedError(_strerror(ret))
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO - NotImplementedError: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform

OK.  I think I have a solution for this issue.  I used a newer version of the libusb-1.0.dll file from the one Lucky provided in this thread.  When I ran the "pip install pyusb" command initially it instructed me I had to update the version of pip first.  I did run the command that was suggested and was then able to install pyusb.  Maybe it had something to do with that or there is a newer version of pyusb, but in either case I used the libusb-1.0.dll from the libusb-1.0.24 version I pulled from github and everything worked.  I am attaching the file here.  Everything else is the same with Lucky's initial instructions.

Hopefully, this helps someone else.

libusb-1.0.dll

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 3:46 AM, movieguy said:

OK.  I think I have a solution for this issue.  I used a newer version of the libusb-1.0.dll file from the one Lucky provided in this thread.  When I ran the "pip install pyusb" command initially it instructed me I had to update the version of pip first.  I did run the command that was suggested and was then able to install pyusb.  Maybe it had something to do with that or there is a newer version of pyusb, but in either case I used the libusb-1.0.dll from the libusb-1.0.24 version I pulled from github and everything worked.  I am attaching the file here.  Everything else is the same with Lucky's initial instructions.

Hopefully, this helps someone else.

libusb-1.0.dll 256.6 kB · 4 downloads

You're the man! Thanks a lot! This gave me headaches for the last days. I had it going before and after starting over with Baller Installer I could'nt get my PIN2DMD to work with P-ROC. But now it works again!

• 1 month later...

To fix purple tint of DMD
I'm running PIN2DMD board on fw version 3.15 & to fix the purple tint I had to include the libusbK.dll as well as the libusb-1.0.dll posted here earlier. Copy both to C:\Python27 & don't forget to unblock.

Then set the following in the ep_desktop_pygame.py file (already modified in attached version)
#use these mappings for RBG panels
            pixelR = buffer[i]
            pixelG = buffer[i+2]
            pixelB = buffer[i+1]
            # lower half of display
            pixelRl = buffer[6144 + i]
            pixelGl = buffer[6144 + i + 2]
            pixelBl = buffer[6144 + i + 1]

Now looks absolutely incredible!

libusbK.dll libusb-1.0.dll ep_desktop_pygame.py

Edited by blietz
Better solution

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone,

I own a pixelcade LED display using COM3 Port and working great with DMDext.

Is it possible with your mod to make P-ROC DMD Cactus Canyon Continued to work with the Pixelcad LED display?

Port used is COM3

idVendor=1B4F

idroduct=0008

Thanks for your work!

Edited by mrtr32

• 11 months later...

Hello, no way for me to get my pin2dmd working with CCC

table with p-roc working well 

I have install pip install pyusb (i had to update Pip version) said install ok

I put the last dll (libusb-1.0.24)

my pindmd version is 4.44

but i alwayse get a Python  error with the 

ep_desktop_pygame.py

do you have an idea? thanks a lot

Capture.PNG

• 5 months later...

Same Error Message here:

Fehlermeldung.png.07b83b984c676520ed3796ff6bdeb680.png

I have a fresh Win10 and VPX is updatet to 64Bit with the PinUpBaller Installer to VPX10.8. All other tables are working fine but CCC is making trobble.

Can someone help me to get my PIN2DMD working? 

As stupid as I am, I was overwriting my orginal ep_desktop_pygame.py. It would be nice, if someone could upload the orginal for me.

Thx

• Content Provider

P-ROC install requires you to use x86 VPX. This table among others is a good reason to run a dual x86 and x64 platform. They can co-exist together just fine.

https://github.com/CarnyPriest/CCCforVP/blob/master/ep/ep_desktop_pygame.py

Assuming that you don't need versions of this file that are not on the master branch (ex. hardware pin2dmd support).

Edit: Oh, also be aware of this issue if you are using a recent beta of VPX:

https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/issues/619

Just click OK on the msgbox that pops up to proceed with loading the table

Thx for the fast answere!

I have a dual x86 and x64 platform for Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 beta 4 and I  think, that issue in 10.7.4 beta is fixed in my version, but who knows?

With the orginal ep_desktoppy_game.py   starts CCC  on both versions (x86 and x64), but with a hidden virtual DMD behind the playfield. All other configs show me the error message from my last post.

Is there a possibillity to move the virtual DMD to the Backglass-Screen?

22 hours ago, GrandlHuber said:

Yeah. Now the virtual DMD on the Backglass-Screen, but unfortunatly behind it. Any chance to get it on the top?

Make sure you have DMD_always_on_top: true, 

in games\cactuscanyon\config\user_settings.yaml

Edited by Cliffy
fix typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 12:13 PM, CarnyPriest said:

P-ROC install requires you to use x86 VPX. This table among others is a good reason to run a dual x86 and x64 platform. They can co-exist together just fine.

Actually, CCC runs fine for me with the latest 64-bit VPX... save for the one popup upon start saying "Can't load PROC" as it was mentioned. Clicking OK allows the table to play though, no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 1:31 PM, htamas said:

Actually, CCC runs fine for me with the latest 64-bit VPX... save for the one popup upon start saying "Can't load PROC" as it was mentioned. Clicking OK allows the table to play though, no problem.

VPX 10.8 beta 5 solves this issue.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I can't get my PIN2DMD to work with the CCC PROC table.
It works well without the PIN2DMD with a DMD on the backglass.
I placed the libusb-1.0 and libusbK DLLs in the python folder
I replaced the ep_desktop_pygame.py file in the PROC folder
I installed pyusb after updating pip
My pindmd is in version 4.52 and works with all tables and all colorings (pac, serum, pal)

I try with VPX 10.7.4 32bit, VPX 10.7.4 64bit, VPX 10.8 32bit and VPX 10.8 64 bit
Here are photos of the different actions I did and the error messages.
I hope that someone could help me.
See you soon

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Edited by coincoin

• Content Provider

I can't personally help too much as I don't have the device, but I'll point out that the install would require going to the code repository directly and getting the code from the pin2dmd branch. The installer assumes you need the code from the master branch. 

Read the entire thread, it looks like there were several solutions listed and some alternate dlls included that may have updates beyond what was included in the code repo.

The log gets written to the P-ROC\shared folder and that may be a better thing to look at than the message boxes that pop up.

I think players have reported fewer issues using the x86 platform.

If all else fails, then maybe it will work out well enough to capture and display via dmdext.

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I have already tried the dlls given above.

I also tested the files provided by lucky in the Pin2dmd archive.

I don't think I'll use dmdext, I'll place the virtual dmd on my backglass.

Thanks again.

See you soon