Mustang LE color

bent98

Try this =>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zr860ctyxpg726/Mustang LE Color By Sharkky.zip?dl=0

Tell me if it works or not ;)

Sharkky

Edit link

@Carny : when I patch and zip rom its size is 63.098.052 in the archive

But when I manipulate CRC32 checksum to change as the same of official, its size is 63.098.056 in the archive

612331Sanstitre.jpg

So the rom size in the archive is 63.098.056 but it works at my home (just "length mismatch" message when I check roms in VP )

@bent Link works for me

@Carny,  all my color roms work fine if I put the same CRC32 from the original rom (just 'length mismatch' message if you test rom on Mame setup.exe)

MustangLE conversion display some bugs (e. g. display 00 on the top left corner) and sometime pin2dmd loads red palette

I do not master well the new pinmame and I think it should no longer use the script of the table to load the dat file but put this file in an altcolor folder or something like that

• Content Provider

There would be no file length mismatch error if you did not try to "fix" the checksum. Hacking the code changes the checksum from that of the original Stern game code. Just check "Ignore CRC Error" and VPM will not report any errors for the mod on loading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I understand thanks but in my pincab I have an error "terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file"  If I do not manipulate the CRC32

If I check rom with mame setup "crc32 actual 0x00000000" "state not available"

This is why I modify the CRC32 

(Maybe just with the color rom which contains a "0" in its CRC32 I don't know)

On 11/18/2016 at 10:38 AM, karlson18 said:

Today i checked the unpatched rom and have the same error, think i have to use the included vpinmame.dll but there is no pin2dmd support.

Correct.   I'm not sure where Carny's and/or Lucky's builds are with respect to my changes, but it sounds like you're missing a fix to the solenoid firing. 

• Content Provider

1 hour ago, DJRobX said:

Correct.   I'm not sure where Carny's and/or Lucky's builds are with respect to my changes, but it sounds like you're missing a fix to the solenoid firing. 

My changes are already in Robs latest code, so if you take his vpinmame.dll together with the dmddevice.dll everything should work fine. 

20 hours ago, lucky1 said:

My changes are already in Robs latest code, so if you take his vpinmame.dll together with the dmddevice.dll everything should work fine. 

Nice to hear were can i find the dmddevice.dll for the pin2dmd? Will the dll be installed with the driver? Muss i copy the dll into the vpinmame.dll folder?

Thankx for the info  

• Content Provider
On 11/22/2016 at 10:22 AM, CarnyPriest said:

Ok, I don't have my pin2dmd installed yet but I'll at least patch the rom and see what happens when I try to run with it. It will be a few hours. I've got real life things I need to get done today.

Ok, there are a couple of observations here.

I ran the patches for both the Mustang Pro and Limited Edition sets. And I am just using the Test feature in the Setup app.

1. I get the same load error "terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file" message using vpm112116 for both the Pro and LE patches. Both of these sets load and test normally using version 2.43 in the download section. I know that it is out of date compared to the latest DJRobX builds, but my suggestion is to use 2.43 to test and check again for palette abnormalities. It's either that or wait for a future beta when we've pulled these various development branches back together. It's all part of the pleasure and pain of living on the bleeding edge. 

2. The patch includes the work you did to "fix" the checksum error but I don't think the loading error you are seeing has anything to do with the checksum. The file length of the older Pro version after patching is identical to the length before patching, and it loads normally in v2.43 with no error reports given that you check Ignore ROM CRC Rom Errors in the Game Options menu. The file length of the LE version after patching is 4 bytes larger than the length before patching. Check ROMs reports a Length mismatch error, but in this case v2.43 still appears to load the patched code successfully. That may not always happen. At least with the Test feature, it appears to not be enough of a difference to crash the session. But still it is unneccesary to fix the checksum. I think you should remove that fix, test again with v2.43, and distribute a new patch if it is working OK.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, sharkky said:

Hey Carny,

If you want to test I made a diff patch without change CRC32 (original = 20EC78B3 , after patching = DD00BCA9)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9zbmh1lug0ma3y/MUS145LENoFix.diff?dl=0

Confirmed - file length after patching is the same as before patching. I get the same checksum as you after patching. It loads in v2.43 under the Test feature in the Setup app. I can't test the colored frames but it seems like the patched set should be good to go. v2.43 is out of date. There has been some work done on the external dmd module since then, so you probably need these changes in order to run correctly. I'll try to pull together a beta build in the next day or two if development is taking a pause with DJRobX.

• Content Provider

I've pulled in the commits available with DJRobX so this build should have the work that was done recently to support SAM LE code and has the latest device drivers to support real DMD. Beyond making sure that the Mustang patches load, I can't test them out. Let us know how this runs.

Note - the 32 bit pinDMD3 dll is not included here as it is not in the source. You can pick this up with toxie's build in the first post of the VPM beta thread at VPF. Hoping that the file will work here.

VPinMAME_SAM_2.44.zip

• Content Provider

i tried mustanf le with the 2.44 version of pinmame. It woks fine when you run it in test mode via vpinmame but mustang LE vpx table doesnt show dmd and it freeze and  then crashes table. no error message.

I tried other same color tables like shrek and metallica with no issues. 

Archived